FEEDBACK NEEDED on Potential Bighorn Floorplan

jbeletti

Hi Heartlanders,

If you have a moment today, please review the attached floorplan to give your feedback on it.

It is a split-bath design versus an all-in-one. With a split-bath being the goal, we are wanting your thoughts on:

1. Would you be OK with the vanity/sink being in the commode room versus in the bedroom?

2. You may have seen the new Landmark San Antonio on this forum, with the 48” mega shower. In a Bighorn floorplan that is shorter, lighter and less cost, how important would it be to you to have that large shower - say, versus a 36" shower?

Please add your feedback here as a reply. Thanks so much.

Jim Beletti

AcrobatScreenSnapz009.jpg
Click image for larger view

sailorand

Past British Columbia Chapter Leader
bathroom and shower look great. But with the fridge at the door where would I put my coats ans shoes?

caissiel

Its a good thing to have the W/D in the closet, but if you have the 2 units model you loose the closet. In Our BC we have the combo model and I raised the rod to use the closet as a jacket closet. SOB owner told me that the W/D in this closet location, it moves a lot back and forth, he had to anchor it there.

codycarver

Founding Wyoming Chapter Leader-retired
We prefer not having a sink in the bedroom so we like that. As far as the shower goes don't really have an opinion, ours is more than adequate. One of the reasons we went with the 3670 was the bath and we also love the kitchen layout and wouldn't care for the loss of counter and coat closet in this floor plan. My big complaint (if you can call it that) is no shelf on my side of the bed. If you can come up with a fix for that while keeping our king bed I'd be one happy camper.

wdk450

Jim:
1. I'm not sure that it is drawn in, but I would want a 2nd divider/door by the bedroom access steps to give shower/bathroom privacy options when you have guests staying with you. Then you have the option of partitioning off Bathroom/Bedroom when you are showering/dressing, but still just partitioning off just the bedroom during the night, so your guests have bathroom access. I'm O.K. with the sink in the commode room with this addition.
2. Anything LARGER in the tub/shower would be welcomed. Could the 48" be an OPTION for the physically challenged among us???
3. I noted the 2 chair dining table, and this makes a lot of sense to me, IF there are 2 more NICE, FOLD-FLAT, wood chairs available for company.

Last edited:

2010augusta

Looks good, but it does need some place to put a coat or two by the door and the vanity top should be asymetrical to allow a bit more surface area to set stuff while getting ready.

Personally we would not have a unit with the sink in the bedroom.

One of my favorite bathroom layout was in our older 1996 Winne Class A, it was a walk-through bath with sliding doors at both ends. removing the hall and not having a Comode room really opens things up and makes the room feel even bigger. the bath had two full height closets, one had W/D prep, a lenin closet with 3 shelves, and a stack of 3-4 drawers, sink, camode, and a large shower. the dual sliding doors allow for privacy in any situation.

Why dose the bedroom dresser end several feet before the closet? From the window placement, is the dresser really a taller wall unit?

jbeletti

Bill: Yes, there is a pocket door at the top of the stairs and another door at the bedroom. So complete flexibility for privacy. Whatever shower size we finalize on, that will be it - no option for larger or smaller. We may be able to offer 2 matching decor, folding chairs that can be used when needed and stored when not.

Barbara and Laurent: If you do not order the W/D, the W/D closet will likely come from the factory, fitted out with some shelving and a short clothes rod for coats. If you order a combo W/D, the clothes rod and shelving may be able to remain above the combo W/D.

Dave/Amy: The queen bed option has a night stand on 1 side. Perhaps we can add a narrow shelf on the other side and in the king bed option, a shelf on both sides.

Great feedback folks. Keep it coming through this afternoon.

Jim

davebennington

We think the shower is big and not worth giving up that much space, we like the layout of the Landmark that JimB is pulling now.

Dave & Julie

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
1. Don't like split bathrooms, although putting the sink with the commode is an improvement over having it at the foot of the bed, or next to it. We don't need a mega-shower, we're not oversized people.
2. Definitely don't like the washer/dryer right at the entry door.
3. Since the w/d is not in the bedroom closet, why is the dresser so short?
4. The round dining table is interesting, but it looks like there are only 3 chairs.
5. Use smaller recliners and sofa, and switch positions. The recliner closest to the TV is the worst one for viewing.
6. With this floorplan, there is less kitchen counter space than we like.
7. Hard to tell from drawing, but other than the small dresser, there are no other drawers or cabinets in the bedroom.

In a nutshell, we would not consider this floorplan if we were in the market again.

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
Finally a shower big enough for both of us. Was wondering if this would ever happen. (Hmmmm, I wonder if Linda will ever read this?) I like it and I also like the sink in the commode room. I would prefer that the sliding door between the bed and shower be a pocket door. It is just a much nicer look.

Mark

back2nature

1. I agree with Dave & Julie, the big shower is not worth giving up storage space for (unless you need it, being handicapped or another situation).
2. I do like a sink in the toilet area, but this seem a little cramped for "getting ready" uses. What I mean is, being a girl, I have all my hair dyer, brushes and stuff. Not much room to wield the hair dryer around and with a door might it get hot in there. Can't tell, maybe that's a pocket door in toilet/sink room? Well, then the door could be open. Bathroom is not for me, like the large, single, house-style better. So glad that has come back in fashion.
3. Same question as JohnDar, why is the dresser so short, since no w/d area in closet? Move the window over the dresser, and make dress wider. I think we need more drawer space in the RV's.
4. Question about kitchen. On the left side of the stairs, is that a counter or floor-to-ceiling cabinet? We ordered the BH 3670RL mainly because of the extra counter space.
5. What we really would like to see is a king-size bed with two night stands with side windows. That would make my BH3670RL perfect.
6. Another thing we would like to see is a few more inches to allow for the couch in the rear. Oh, then maybe it would put the RV back up to 40 feet. Oh, well, just dreaming.

stellac

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
1. Considering it is a split bath, I like the layout of the bathroom. I do not like the sink in the bedroom.
2. Maybe it is just the drawing, but there seems to be a loss of cabinets and drawer space in the bedroom.
3. I do like the w/d moved from the closet.
4. There needs to be a small shelf on each side of the king bed.
5. I would like to see the sofa and recliners switched.
6. There also seems to be less cabinets and loss of counter space in the kitchen.

So I guess when it gets right down to it, the larger shower is not worth losing storage space.

ihsolutions

Looks just like my 3670 for the most part, and I do like the bath layout better than what I have now. I think a 48" shower is overkill, personally. I love the shower in my 2011 3670RL, other than the fact it always leaks, it's the perfect size. Especially if it helps shorten the length of the coach.

I will echo previous comments that the couch needs to be along the back wall like the San Antonio. This is a big consideration. Only until you have tried to use those recliners in the rear position would you understand. They are bulky, very heavy, and difficult to move every time we bring the slides in. And I'm 34 years old and in good shape. I can only imagine being retirement age, moving around often, that would get really old, really quick. So either go with smaller chairs that don't need to be turned sideways, or put the couch in the rear. If you did that, I could see myself upgrading in a couple years.

vangoes

Jim,
We have been in the "maybe an new unit mode" for about a year now and would really like to see this plan with the smaller shower (thus presumably a shorter unit) implemented. As far as the sink in the toilet room vs bedroom, we like that proposal also; although having it in the bedroom would not be a show stopper. We have seen this plan in a SOB (sink in bedroom) and have said we wished Heartland had this plan because until the lastest mod on the 3385rl bathroom, Bighorn just did not have a plan we wanted in the size constraints (< 38') we've set (or should I say my driveway has set). We (DW) likes the washer located in the entry area for easier access and I like it there because it should take some of the weight off the kingpin. Keep us advised if this plan is to be produced.

slmayor

Founding California Northern Chapter Leader
I'd buy it. I like the split bath. We had one in a MH we owned. I would like to see the couch in the back tho, and the option of extra foldable dining chairs is great.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Overall, I like it. A 36" shower option with a chest of drawers OR a wider bed slide would be nice. With a chest of drawers there could be a pocket door behind it for privacy. It's a guess but, the window on the door side of the bedroom. Is it a tall window, hence the narrow dresser? I would like more dresser and less window. We have no desire to have a washer/dryer so the large closet by the entry door is good. What is in the area to the left of the stairs? Counter and overhead cabinet??? If it werre an option, I would prefer a rectangular table with extension as we have now. And last but not least, a nice sized sofa on the rear wall. Thanks for asking our opinions. Nice to know we matter.

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
I like my all in one bath, but this one is pretty good. Of course, I'll defer to my DW.