Possible Hydralic Leveling Problem

tvermette

Hi all, I recently had my right front jack replaced because of a leaking actuator in the hydraulics. I am not seeing any leaks now, but i am hearing loud pops and the unit moves. The pops happen every half hour or so. It is happening on the right front where the jack was replaces. Any thoughts. I am going to call the dealer tomorrow, but this does not seem normal to me?

I will continue to work with my dealer, but may call Heartland too. A little troubling to have problems like this on a 5 day old unit, but I will certainly give Heartland the time to make it right. We are living in the unit full time, so having it out of commission is not a viable solution.

I'll keep you posted.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Definitely sounds like air in the system. Someone had mentioned holding the extend button in place for 20-30 seconds after the slides were out and after the hydraulic jacks were FULLY extended (you'll have to do that in manual mode) to get the air out of the lines and back to the resevoir. Don't personally know if that would work, but guess it's worth a try.

tvermette

Thanks guys... I talked with Lippert today, and they agreed. They said that I should run the slides in and out starting at the back and working to the front about 5 times. They said to let the unit sit for about 10 minutes in between each cycle to let the motor cool. They said to look at the hydraulic tank and if I see that the fluid is foaming (or looks like a foam on top) then air is coming out.

It's been better today, I will run the slides this weekend as well as let the unit down and up a couple of times. Should be good to go!

I hope you all have a great weekend.