EDGE series TV antenna w/booster

We are getting ready to take delivery of a new EDGE M21. We already have a TV from a previous trailer we had, and I was just wondering about the antenna which is already installed on the trailer. Does it do the job? Will it pick up digital over the air stations, or do I need to buy some kind of additional antenna, like the small Philips one I had?

Thanks.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Phil, most antennas today will work just fine. However, the digital signal is a different story. Aiming is important as well as signal from the station. They can be spotty at times.

Peace
Dave

Rrloren

I thought the TV needed to be digital ready or else you will need a digital converter box ? If the TV is digital ready The antenna should work well depending on signal strength , just as Cookie said.

camr

The antenna on the Edge line is not a directional antenna, but rather a round omni-directioal one. As a result, it does not have the gain of a directional "aimable" antenna. It does have a booster. We were in a semi-remote campground where the signal was very marginal. I could tell that the RV's with directional antennas were getting reception, but we were not. So, you don't have to aim it, but it doesn't work as well. Life is full of compromises.

kencook

If any of you are curious to know what stations may be available via your trailer antenna in a particular location, you might be interested in going to this site. You simply plug in your location, zipcode, etc. and you will see a report on what you can expect to receive and where these stations (transmitters) are actually located. (Click on the station callsign to see this information) Of course these are digital and the default assumption is that you are using an average antenna of approximately 30 feet height. Very interesting information and apparently an FCC site. http://www.fcc.gov/mb/engineering/maps/