Connecting ceiling speakers to television

archbarb

After reading all the post of how to connect your television to the Jensen DVD player, to play thru the ceiling speakers, I thought I would give it a try.

I removed the Jensen AWM970 from the entertainment area and installed the audio (white & red) cable to the outputs at the TV, and to the inputs on Aux 1 on the Jensen. Turned on both units and nothing from the Jensen and only static sound from the TV. The volume on the Jensen was at 39 and the TV about 10.

I tried another set of cables and the same thing. I then moved to Aux 2, but still nothing. I tried the lcd from the bedroom and had the same results.

I called ASA/Voyager and spoke to their tech department and was told that everything was connected properly and to call Heartland to discuss. The customer service at Heartland said that the Jensen AWM970 would not allow you to play thru the ceiling speakers!!!!!

Does it or not. Anyone else have this same system and have it connected to the ceiling speakers?

Archie

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader
Archie

I have the same system

If all is connected properly, it should work. The radio has to be on AUX and nothing plugged into the ipod jack external jack. If you need me to I will take pictures of the where I have the wires plugged into the TV and radio.

traveler44

I just looked at ours and our B.H. came with Samsung and one of our grandsons had to switch a set of wires around and play around with the remote for awhile to get ours to play through the ceiling speakers. I still have to hit the right combination of buttons on the top of the remote to change back and forth from tv to dvd and get it to go through the surround sound. Good Luck with the Jensen setup. Tom M.