T.P. Holder

GOTTOYS

I don't have have a toilet paper holder in my Big Country. Should I have gotten one with it or do you just go buy what you want?.. Don

Mrscookie

DW of a senior member
We never have used the one that came with the camper. The factory does not mount them, we just throw them away. I purchased a stand alone one from Target. We have had these in both our rigs and they work good.

Mary

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Most owners like to buy their own. Something a little more decorative than your basic TP holder. We bought a set that included towel holders and a TP holder and mounted them where we thought they worked best for us.

Freckles

Founding New York Chapter Leader-Retired
We still have the one that came with rv still in the package !! If you would like it I would be glad to send your way.

codycarver

Founding Wyoming Chapter Leader-retired
Like the other two posts we have a Big Horn so not sure what comes with your BC. Ours did come with all the holders (found in the medicine cabinet) for bath room accessories but like Mary and Dave we elected not to use the tp holder. We are still deciding on the tooth brush and towel holders.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
I went to Bed, Bath & Beyond and purchased a weighted stand alone holder that hold spare rolls. Works great and efficient in that space is always a priority so storing and using in one piece meets that need.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
We use a stand-alone TP holder and a TP storage canister. That way you can move it about the bathroom to where it's convenient and always have some spare rolls within easy reach. The cabinet over the toilet holds the bulk of the supply. We use a freestanding toothbrush holder that sits in the corner of the sink counter, under the cabinet. A pump bottle of handsoap sits on the other corner.

GOTTOYS

Yahoo! A stand that holds FOUR rolls that's what I'm talkin about! No more hunting for the spare roll in your time of need. Looking like I gotta find of those... Thanks for the ideas..Don

supernan1414

Ours came in the medicine cabinet like others have said., threw them out, cheap light weight plastic. I keep the TP in the base cabinut directly across from the toilet, we have the all in one bath. Our problem was no towel holders and NO place to put them except directly behind the toilet which would be uncomforatle. We went to Wally World and found 2 over the door 4 hook hangers that matched the faucet in the sink. We put them on each side of the shower stall. We hang the towels with the info tag on the towels. Works great. I also put tooth brushs and paste in a decorative cup in corner and pump hand soap in other corner. We also purchased a large suction cup basket that securely attached to the inside of the shower for shampoo and body wash.

RoadJunkie

We also purchased a large suction cup basket that securely attached to the inside of the shower for shampoo and body wash.

Be careful on your suction mounted utility basket. There was a thread about such a unit that lost it's suction and fell on the shower faucet handle, thus turning on the water and eventually flooding his unit while they were away. Might want to double check the mount location and potential for such an accident.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
RoadJunkie, I read that post. How bazaar is that. I put a shutoff valve on the shower hose connection at the faucet. That might be a good idea for anyone that hangs stuff in the shower. If the water accidentally get turned on, as it did in someones Cyclone, the valve will prevent flooding.........I hope.

Peace
Dave

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
We do use some suction hooks in the shower to hang wet wash cloths, but they are not over the faucets. For soap and shampoo, etc., we use an over-the-door shelf unit (white, inside shower), so there's no danger of it falling. For extra towels, the gray rack is another Walmart or BB&B purchase (not sure which). I also mounted a towel bar under the cabinet over the toilet.

Although the gray towel rack hangs over the shower door, it simply lifts off and gets laid on the bed when it's shower time. As for the bar under the cabinet, I recall that the rod was a bit too long, so a quick trim with a hacksaw made it a custom fit.

View attachment 10747View attachment 10748

supernan1414

JohnDar, I think I like your towel hanger better than the one I have. I will give that some thought over the winter. The way I am doing it they don't dry a quick as I would like. We are weekenders so hasn't been a problem I will see how it goes this coming winter camper 007.jpgcamper 009.jpgcamper 010.jpgwhen will will be using it every day for 6 weeks. The basket stayed in place during our one trip to Pine Grove, Pa (about 400 miles round trip) with body wash still in it. I did look at the basket, no way can it turn the water on.

2010augusta

We use the stock TP holder and mounted it on the inside of the cabinet over the toilet. the cabinet still holds 9 spare rolls and the tank chemicals.

We also have a 4 goods dispenser that also holds razors, bar soap, wash clothes and the puffy things. it is glued to the glass so it is not going any where.

for the towels, we put 2 on the bar that is on the door and 1 on a hook next to the sink.

Attachments

• DSCN7767.JPG
    DSCN7767.JPG
    71.4 KB · Views: 67
  • DSCN7768.JPG
    DSCN7768.JPG
    62.5 KB · Views: 66
  • DSCN7770.JPG
    DSCN7770.JPG
    61.1 KB · Views: 64
  • DSCN7771.JPG
    DSCN7771.JPG
    94.9 KB · Views: 64
We are the proud and new owners of the Big Country 3250TS. This is our first time on the forum posting a reply to a thread. We too noticed that there was no T.P. Holder mounted in the bathroom, or towel holders. Our last RV, a 25 Ft. travel trailer didn't have these either so it really didn't bother us. We did go out and purchase a free standing weighted TP holder at BBB which matches the sink faucet. Opted not to get the one that stores the extra rolls since we have the space for storage and was not sure if the other one we looked at would be too bulky. We also purchased a towel rack that goes over a door or can be put over the shower door when not in use. That too matches the decor. We plan on adding a few other items in the bathroom to complete the homey feeling. Just having the bigger bathroom with such a roomy shower is a wonderful addition to our RV experience.

Last edited:

gwalter

Retired Colorado Chapter Leaders
We purchased a stand alone TP holder with a magazine rack on bottom at WallyWorld. Takes care of all our needs at once.