After 2 years finnally got to pull Big Horn on highway

SLJKansas

SLJKansas
In July of 08 we purchased a new 2009 Big Horn. We volenteer at State Park which is only 15mi. from the dealer, and is a straight shot by county roads to the campground. We live only 3 miles as the crow flys (10mi by road) form our campsite.) so we haven't pulled it over 50 mph since we have had it. I had to take it in to have some work done on it, so I took a round about way to get there. When we hit the hiway and got up to speed (65 in a 70) The Big Horn pulled like a dream. My truck seemed to really enjoy pulling it, just put in in tow/haul set cruise control to 65 and enjoyed the ride. It was maybe 30 miles but can't wait to get it back. I needed to replaced the shocks on the truck, so rears are done and front will/should be done in morning, so it should help the ride even better. Now I wish I had time to really get it out on the road. I may need to take a longer way home when I get it back.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Glad you finally got to pull it. Those trucks were made to pull. They seem to ride better pulling too.

Rickhansen

Steve and Linda,
I've got to say, we've got you beat. We bought our Bighorn 3670 in December '07, and had it delivered to us on-site near Raleigh, North Carolina. It replace a TT that I had been full-time in for two years. My '02 GMC (gas) wouldn't come close to pulling our new rig. I hired an individual to pull it to Williston, FL in March '08, where we were full-time for 2-1/2 years. In August of this year, we hired a transport company to tow it to New Bern, NC where we are now. 3 months ago, we bought a GMC '11 2500 Diesel. A few weeks later I installed the Curt hitch, but we are still here.

I've threatened to "break camp" and tow it to the closest Wal-mart for the night, just to say I've towed it. I haven't done that because it would certainly be a lot of work to do so, and Wal-mart wouldn't be high on my list of destinations.

After so long, I'm sure the "first time" out, will be a white knuckle event.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Excitement, Excitement!!! I get a "high" every time I drive the BC. Just love driving but have to let hubby still think he's the driver of the family.

SLJKansas

SLJKansas
It's was a thrill to pull it, but a relearning curve to get it in and out of my driveway. If I had a intown road in front it won't be too bad, but we live on a gravel road that is two lanes wide but not much more. So I have to watch crossing the culvert and the placement of the combo to one side or the other to turn out. Just have to watch for cars, trucks and tractors comming down the road.