Hello all

Just wanted to introduce myself......been lurking around for about a year or so after having fell in love with a 2009 3300 RLB that I saw at a dealer that was going out of business. Have researched many different brands and still keep coming back to the Heartland Sundance. Either want a 3300 RLB (wife) or 3300 CK (me)....2 kids dont care....they just like to go camping! Will be here absorbing all I can after being a truck camper (Lance 1121) for the last several years. We finally just outgrew it so sold it this last summer.....got rid of my 1998 Dodge Ram 2500 (outgrew it too) and just bought a 2010 Dodge Ram 3500 CTD Mega Cab which fits the family nicely and should have plenty of capacity for pulling the Sundance. Thanks in advance for all your help and advice!

Bill, Lisa, Ethan and Graycen and Baby on the way!!

jimtoo

Hi Bill and family,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and hopefully to the family of owners. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

Going from a T/C to a 5th wheel Sundance is a major change for the good... You will really enjoy the room and ability to carry more stuff.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

by the way... many years ago I lived in Rangely and Vernal. Love that area.

codycarver

Founding Wyoming Chapter Leader-retired
Welcome, We also lurked around here before buying. It is a great place to gather info. We were originally looking at the Sundance but ended up with a big horn for the king bed. We love our coach and this forum played a big part in our buying process. Good luck in your search.

Welcome, We also lurked around here before buying. It is a great place to gather info. We were originally looking at the Sundance but ended up with a big horn for the king bed. We love our coach and this forum played a big part in our buying process. Good luck in your search.

Dave,
I see you have a similar truck and also have a B&W Turnover Ball with Companion.....do I have enough truck to handle the 3300 CK or 3300 RLB?

Any worries or concerns with the B&W and hitting the cab.....think my wife might kill me if I dent the new truck! I was originally considering a slider but everyone recommends the B&W with Companion. Any input?

codycarver

Founding Wyoming Chapter Leader-retired
I love the B&W set up and as I have Goose neck trailers there really is no other choice for me. I can remove my companion hitch, turn over my goose neck ball and have my bed back. No rails or ball in the way. My TV is a long bed so clearance is not an issue for me. Yours is a diesel correct? I would definitely recommend Turbo boost and exhaust gas temp gauges at a minimum, trans and rear end is nice too. I believe the more info the better and a few hundred in gauges can save you thousands in repairs. I'd also strongly recommend a good exhaust brake. Mine is a Jacobs but there are several brands out there. The heavier of the two trailers your considering is still over a thousand pounds lighter dry than ours and my truck does the job just fine. If you want to visit more feel free to send a private message

GOTTOYS

If you have a 2010 3500 CTD you will have no problem pulling one of those fivers. The 6.7s already come with an exhaust brake so you're good there too. I have a slider in my Shortbox but probably don't need it. I bought it before I bought the trailer as we were originally after a used one and most of them still need a sliding hitch. There are several good choices out there for a hitch. If you don't need a gooseneck ball you might want to look at the Pull-Rite series and also the Curt Q5 which is a sturdy rubber dampened model with a good reputation and you can go up from there to a Trailer Saver with the air ride. How much do you want to spend?? And so it too begins. Good Luck, Don

elwaller39

Evans & Lana
Welcome Bill....I bet you are asking yourself the question, what took me so long to decide on a 5th wheel coach. You and your family will enjoy camping even more now. Keep us all informed with your camping joys. Evans & Lana

rjr6150

Welcome Bill and family
You will enjoy the HL experience and your soon to be etended family. Great group of people out here along with a wealth of knowledge. Also as our fearless leaders Bob says hope to see you a the Co. chapter rally in June.

thanks for the responses and the invites. We will have a 1 month old but that is about the time to get them started camping! Our first child went camping when he was 9 days old. He slept on the floor under the dinette in our Lance 1121 truck camper in his own little spot and didnt know the difference. Loves camping now....we just outgrew the truck camper with the addition of his little sister. We are planning on ordering sometime around the first of the year and then being ready to start doing some camping as soon as it warms up!

roazo

Sundance Owner
Welcome to the heartland family, we still love our sundance
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

loafer

Welcome Bill and family
with your new truck and Sundance you will be set for lots of fun with the family out camping.
We love our sundance and i am sure which ever model you choose you will be happy campers.
Have fun
Bill

micar

Welcome...we have a 2010 3300RLB and we love it.We have 2 girls and 1 boy,so the girls sleep in the loft and our son below on the couch.I pull with '05 Chev 2500 with DMAX with power additives and no problems pulling or stopping.The truck is a 6.5" bed with a non slider and have no problems with clearance.This is our 3rd trailer and 2nd 5th wheel,and by far out classes our previous trailers in build quality and features.
Mike