Rushmore sofa

jjwink

The sofa in our 2011 Rushmore is so close to the carpet we can't open the drawer underneath the seats. Anyone have a solution for us?

SmokeyBare

Would some type of tack on plastic feet from one of the home building centers work? They make several different sizes with different mounting methods. Just a thought. We used to use rubber cups that protected hard wood floor finish from being scratched from furniture feet.

jjwink

It slides on the carpet as the slide comes it so rubber cups won't work. We tried those moving discs but it is too close to the carpet. Looks like a "design flaw" The sofa definitely needs to be raised up.

codycarver

Founding Wyoming Chapter Leader-retired
Our Big Horn has wooden feet so there is plenty of clearance. Wondering if yours may be missing or taken off to get in the door and not re-attached? I've attached a not so great photo (of the foot). If you need a better look I can take one tomorrow.

Attachments

• Image036.jpg
    Image036.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:

jjwink

Thanks for the photo. Our Jayco had a sofa with feet like that. Think I will call our dealer tomorrow and see what they think. We can probably get some like yours at a hardware store.

jbeletti

jjwink,

If I recall correctly, that sofa does not have feet as you can't move it to the rear cap due to being a rear entertainment design. However, that's no excuse for not being able to open the storage drawer on it. Please consider calling Tim Mead at Flair Interiors tomorrow morning. His number is on the left hand side of the Portal. Explain the issue to him. Perhaps we are installing it wrong (missing a piece) at the plant or maybe Flair didn't supply a part or maybe it is just a poor design. Circle back here on this thread to let us know what the determination was as well as the fix.

Jim

jjwink

I will not be able to call him until Tuesday but will. Thanks for the suggestion. The front of the sofa sits directly on the carpet with only very short 1"legs on the front. When you sit on it then it goes down in the carpet and the only way to open the drawer is for one person to lift the sofa end and the other to pry the drawer open. Something is very wrong. The back of the sofa sits on a ledge and is bolted to it. The legs are definitely not high enough. Since the legs slide on the carpet when the slide comes in they need to be wide so they won't create ruts in the carpet. So it is either missing the correct legs or this is a very bad design.

cszimmer

LANDMARK RUSHMORE
We also have a similar problem with our sofa in our landmark Rushmore. The sofa has started to make a line in the carpet and the slide has only been used 2 times. As you can see from my gallery pic our "lake cabin" moves no were and if we actually used the slides like most of you I would guess that the carpet would be ripped. I plan on raising the sofa somehow but I have not put a plan together yet.

We have had lots of build quality issues that our dealer has had to take care of. Thanks to the dealer they are getting resolved but Heartland NEEDS to take a look at their build quality before their flagship gets out the door. Lots of cosmetic issues that if this was a vehicle ie cadillac people would never accept.

caissiel

On our sofa the tracks were all trouble, and we had the hardest time to open the drawer, it fell down, got loose and the track on one side was falling off the drawer. I found longer track at my dealer with 3 extensions. along with reiforcement of the corners it made a world of difference when opening the drawer.
The drawers are fasten with little staples and the assembly fastener on one side all had broken. In addition the rails were loose on the couch frame.
Noting like looking at the problem and admiring your work after its all finished.
Now ours is nice and strong and can open fully all the way compared to 1/2 way before.

The rails at the camping store were only $3 difference in price from the shorter model, and its a dream to use compared to before.

jjwink

I think all the sofas have a drawer-it is so hard to open you wouldn't know you had one. Lift the front of the cushions and pull on the front of the sofa. I have made 3 calls to Flair in the past 2 days with NO ONE returning my call. In fact their "Customer Service" number doesn't have a person - just an answering machine. We called Heartland Customer service today and were told to send photos to Flair. Heartland said that is how the drawer is supposed to sit - very close to the floor. It is unusuable!! We have only had our Rushmore 2 weeks. We are not "Happy Campers" We also have a leak in the fresh water tank where the low point drain comes out. We asked CS about this -- "take it back to your dealer. They will have to drop the underbelly to fix the problem" This should have been caught in inspection. We live 3 hours from our dealer.

jjwink

We have made 3 calls to Tim Mead with none being returned. From the posts it appears this is a BIG problem with this sofa design. As a new Heartland owner I am very disappointed & discouraged at the Customer Service both Heartland and Flair. We should not have to be making all these calls and sending photos. Customer Service should be doing it for us. We are former Jayco owners and are beginning to wonder if we have made a mistake.

We have made 3 calls to Tim Mead with none being returned. From the posts it appears this is a BIG problem with this sofa design. As a new Heartland owner I am very disappointed & discouraged at the Customer Service both Heartland and Flair. We should not have to be making all these calls and sending photos. Customer Service should be doing it for us. We are former Jayco owners and are beginning to wonder if we have made a mistake.

Good Morning "jjwink' I did receive your calls and I beleive the first was mid-day on Tuesday of this week and they were both on Tuesday. I apologize for the non-call back, it is no excuse but it is show season right now and we are all working 10-12 hours a day trying to make sure Heartland units get the best possible furniture we can for the shows and that takes time, however I did pass on your call to one of my Salesmen and I thought they had gotten back to you on Wednesday?? Any how your model is unique in that it I assume sits on a slide floor and has no Bun feet like most so your clearance is a lot less than normal sofas BUT yours is intended to "hide" the slide floor and make it look more residential, I know the relationship from the top of the slide floor to the top of the main floor should remain constant but if it fluctuates in the least your drawer may be a little more difficult to operate and for that I apologize, we try to fix each and everyone we here about thru Heartland prior to ship. The fix is to put a simple 1/2" shim under the arm between the arm and the slide floor, that should cure your problem.
I also hope you are satisfied with the total aspect of your sofa, we strive to make sure each and every sofa is built to meet your daily needs of storage, comfort and sleeeping. if I can do anything else. please let me know and if I have not helped yet let me know and we can discuss further, becaue all I want is for you to be a "Happy Camper".
Tim Meade - Sales Manager, Flair Interiors

Good Morning h2ok9,
Your sofa should have a drawer if it has an airbed, they all have a drawer? put your fingers under the seat until you feel the top on wood front and pull? it should open? if not let me know. thank you!

Tim Meade - Sales Manager, Flair Interiors

jjwink

Thanks for the info about the fix for the sofa. Problem is this sofa is bolted to the floor so it will be a little more complicated than inserting a shim. We plan to return the fifth wheel to the dealer for the modifications since we have only had it two weeks. The feet under it are just very small discs about quarter size about 1/4" thick.