Out of Warranty Front End Cap Question

I have noticed a little dip and some waving at the top (berm side) of front end cap where it comes to the roof. 31QBS is a pre diamond plate 2009 unit. Would placing a diamond plate at the bottom stop further deterioration?

On a side note, one would think that with all the issues with the front caps on the pre-diamond plate units, a customer friendly company like Heartland would have addressed issue on older units like a recall (I know it is not a safety matter) and/or offered to fix any unit that develops the problem within three years of manufacturing - they know who bought them.

I called customer service and person could not really address my concern and seemed to be bothered by my call. Unfortnately, as much as I love this unit, my next one will not be a Heartland product. Hopefully, Jim Beletti can help me change my mind.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
I would suggest you take photos of your problem and email them to Heartland Customer Service, Attn: Jim Fenner. He will get back to you. Be away many of the factory dudes are at RV shows right now so give him time to respond.