3250TS custom built island

Tweedy

We are about to take delivery of our new 3250TS. The one shortfall of this floor plan is the modest amount of counter space. The sales person advised that other customers have ordered a portable island for this model from the Heartland factory. At $680. this sound a little expensive but apparently it will perfectly match the existing counters. Has anyone out there ordered a similar island from Heartland and if so how did it turn out??
:)
Chuck & Elaine Tweedy
Sherwood Park,
Alberta, Can.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
I'm just the opposite - I love the open floor plan. I went to Walmart and purchased a small portable polytable for extra workspace when it's needed which stores neatly under the sofa. The table also acts as another eating area when company is around and the open space of the 3250 handles the extra table without any problems.

GOTTOYS

We bought our 3250 for the open floorplan and really like it but you may not. Take a look at the BH 3070. It's a similar model with just a little more space in the bedroom. They do offer the center island in the kitchen as an option. My guess is that is the one they would sell you. Good Luck..Don

Tweedy

I'm just the opposite - I love the open floor plan. I went to Walmart and purchased a small portable polytable for extra workspace when it's needed which stores neatly under the sofa. The table also acts as another eating area when company is around and the open space of the 3250 handles the extra table without any problems.

Actually we love the open floor plan too. But, there may be times when more counter space would be nice and apparently the one made by heartland is portable with casters on onend that make it easy to roll away and secure (somewhere) for travel. I need to find out more, but in any event, we are committed to the 3250.

Tweedy

We bought our 3250 for the open floorplan and really like it but you may not. Take a look at the BH 3070. It's a similar model with just a little more space in the bedroom. They do offer the center island in the kitchen as an option. My guess is that is the one they would sell you. Good Luck..Don

Thanks for the feedback. We are going with the 3250 one way or the other. Perhaps some after market table will suffice. Lots of time to make our decision after we use the unit a few times.

GOTTOYS

We really like our 3250. Up to this point the smaller counter top space hasn't been an issue at all. Give it a try first. I'm thinking for $600. some bucks I bet you can become creative if you need to...Don

GETnBYE

I'm with you, I love our floorplan, but I need some extra space when cooking.
I am not going to pay 680 for it tho.
My plan is to purchase a lite weight rolling wood or metal cart to use and then roll it into the corner by the sink when not cooking. I will lay it down while traveling.
Good luck finding something that works for you. Something like this:

http://www.allkitchencarts.com/Linon-44037NAT-01-KD-U-LQ1465.html

or this: http://www.spacesavers.com/supreme-cart.html

Now you've done it, got me shopping!!

Anita

Last edited:
We just purchased a Big Country 3250TS. Our answer to an Island for the kitchen area was a purchase from QVC. It is an Oasis Island on wheels that lock. The item number is K28247. You can search on that number in the item search. The description is Folding Island Oval Shape Kitchen Cart w/ButchrBlock Top. We chose the 2-tone to match the RV decor. It also comes in Oak and Mocha. We chose to remove the wheels to make it more stable and put it to the height that worked for us. We also purchased 2 stools form KMart that fit nicely at each end for more seating space for company. Nice height too for the grandchildren. Hope this helps.
Janine and Mike
Gracie (our traveling kitty)

I would like to include some pictures of our kitchen island and table...but I don't know how to do that on this forum. I tried, and tried and....Can someone instruct me in how to do it?
(Pappy part of the "HiyaandPappy"