Slide construction

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader
Are the slides constructed differently AND are the insulation values different on the landmark versus the Big Horn and the Big Country?

RollingHome

Larry, I've been told by others more knowledgable then me, the only difference between the LM & BH is eye candy. Everything else is the same. Hopefully someone else will correct me or verify this is correct. I do not know about the other HL product lines such as BC. On my last trip out my relative had his new LM and I could not find any differences other then eye candy. I'm not putting LM down, it's a beautiful rig, but I can not see any difference in actual construction. I am aware that some folks just want the best money can buy... if that's the case, then buy a LM. Me, I'm a practicle kind of guy and I want the most bang for my buck. I totally respect the LM purchasers and hope they enjoy their units to the upmost... JMO

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Larry, the floor in the Landmark is R35. In the Bighorn it is R27. Walls in both is R9, Roof in both is R23. In the Big Country wall is R8, Roof R23, and Floor R27.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Hopefully, someone from the factory will jump in with the "correct" answer, but I suspect that since the regular walls are the same, that the slide walls are the same also.

I also don't believe the floors or roof in the slides have as much insulation value since they seem to be thinner.

SouthernNights

Gerry, that is one reason I want to know also. The SOBs we have looked at and are impressed with actually brag about the insulation in the slides. I am hoping on the Landmark that it is different than our BC.

jbeletti

Larry,

Presently, we add no insulation to the slide room floors as they are typically 1" thick slabs of plywood. We add carpet padding and carpet.

That said, the optional Yetti package on the Landmark San Antonio and quite possibly, later, other Landmarks, will include a layer of insulation in the slide room floors. I do not have any detail on it or what R-Value we'll end up with in those floors. Stay tuned :)

Jim

TXBobcat

Fulltime
I have a question about the slide construction also, if I may. On especially the large slides, what do they run on as they extend and draw in? We move a lot and that means moving all the slides in and out often. Our large slide has started causing the breaker to trip when bringing in the slide. Never while extending it. Is there a place we need to lubricate and/or watch closely to keep the slides moving easily?

BC

SouthernNights

Larry,

Presently, we add no insulation to the slide room floors as they are typically 1" thick slabs of plywood. We add carpet padding and carpet.

That said, the optional Yetti package on the Landmark San Antonio and quite possibly, later, other Landmarks, will include a layer of insulation in the slide room floors. I do not have any detail on it or what R-Value we'll end up with in those floors. Stay tuned :)

Jim

Thank you for the response Jim.

elwaller39

Evans & Lana
I sure would hope that the slide outs would get insulation on the side walls and on the roof of the slide out. I have asking for this for a number of years. The insulation in the slide outs would sure be a great addition.