GFI problems in a bighorn 3800bh

marks1630

I am stumped now I have tried to fix this problem with no luck so it is time to ask for help. Yesterday I threw the breaker that my GFI is on, ok no big deal. I unhooked everything on the breaker and flipped it back on and tried to plug a nightlight in to check it. Nothing, so I went and tried to reset the GFI in the bathroom and it would not reset. So I replaced it today and turned everything back on and still nothing. I can not find the source of this problem, does anyone have any ideas as to what could be causing this? Thanks.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Mark, welcome to the forum. Do you have a multi-meter? You can do a lot more with a multi-meter than using a nightlight.
I would take out the breaker panel and check for a loose wire. Then I would work my way down the line. Did you turn off the breaker and then back on to reset it? If it is tripped you cannot just turn it back on. Recepticals that are on the GFI circuit include the refer, bath, kitchen and outside.

Peace
Dave

marks1630

Dave, after the breaker was tripped I unhooked everything that was on those outlets and than fliped the breaker back on. Did I do something wrong by doing it that way?

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Before you start sticking a METAL screwdriver in the breaker box looking for loose connections be sure to turn off the power at the pedestal so you don't get electrocuted.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Good point Jim, that would hard on the OP and the screwdriver. I learned how to ARC weld that way.LOL

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Are you plugged into electric that you have been on before? There could be an issue with your supply. Any ground issue including the campground or home source can cause problems.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Dave, after the breaker was tripped I unhooked everything that was on those outlets and than fliped the breaker back on. Did I do something wrong by doing it that way?

Mark, when breakers trip, you must turn them to the "off" position before turning them back to the "on" position.

Peace
Dave