New Dodge truck and new 2900MK in same week!

We made the plunge and bought a new Dodge 2500 crew Laramie diesel and a 2010 Sundance 2900MK about a month ago. We are delighted with the set up. We have been out fourteen days since the purchase. Shake down to Gunnison CO, over Lizard Head Pass to Mesa Verde, and then to Moab UT and home over Douglas Pass to Vernal UT no problems towing and handling. Then Elk camp then deer camp dry camping with a generator and thirty gallons of extra water. I need to work on a more efficient way of transferring water. The 2900MK was a major step up from the Starcraft Gemmi popup. The 2900MK is a mobile apartment. It has more amenities than my first few apartments.
We did learn a few things: lock the shower door or you need to reinstall the door top hinge, secure the sliding door or it will get jammed, carry plenty of 30 amp fuses for the landing gear, made new pin hinge for the exhaust fan flap, lined the walls to left and behind the stove with Plexiglas, installed a double LED light in stove area, lower the antenna before leaving the campground (thanks to a great campground host no damage), use two way radios for backing and extending slide outs.

jimtoo

Hi webster299,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

Looks like you had a pretty good first shake down trip with your Sundance. Hope it continues and you make many happy memories with your unit.

Would you believe that we lived in Vernal and Rangely a long time ago.... 59---64. It was before Artesia became Dinosaur, Co. We love that area and will be back there maybe next year... or for sure the next.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Wow - Congratulations and glad things are working out great. We also had the combo of 2500 Dodge diesel and a sundance but now have move up in both. Enjoy and travel safely.

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader
Hi Webster and welcome to the forum.

I had to laugh while reading about your shakedown trip. many years agio on my first TT I had left our TV antenna up when we left. Lots of people were waving to us as we left the campground.

Thought they were really friendly....

westxsrt10

Perfict Senior Member

Attachments

• fill6.JPG
    fill6.JPG
    104 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
We felt the same, how friendly the host was. Then the awareness of our carelessness. We have a checklist now.

Thanks for your comment.

Good to hear from a Texan. We moved to Vernal twenty years ago from Amarillo. We love being able to disperse camp on the National Forest without many people.

The oil and gas business is still going here.

Thanks for your comments,

Dave

Rrloren

Have the same setup , can offer a suggestion for the lighting over the stovetop. I installed an 18 watt bulb and put aluminum heater duct tape behind the bulb and left the plastic shield off , quite a bit more light for the stovetop , might save replacing the fixture.

GOTTOYS

Congrats! We bought a new Ram diesel and a new BC this year. Now we're so broke we can't afford to pay attention..I'm tired of replacing the little 30 amp fuses too. It's not as bad as when we first got it but it stills gets me once in awhile. For about 5 bucks I bought an auto reset 30 amp breaker and some wire terminals. It's going to replace the fuse. That circuit is only under power when the switch to move the legs is activated the rest of the time it has nothing going through it so using an auto reset breaker will work just fine. This was recommended by my dealer's Service Manager. No more blown fuses for me..Don

I put in a auto reset 30 amp breaker today. I just modified the blade fuse hold a little with pruning shears and it works great.