Fifth Wheel Skirt

Deb

Deb
We are very interested in installing a fifth wheel skirt. We had one on our last fifth wheel and it proved very useful to us. Since the Heartlands are designed so differently on the front, we were wondering what the best way would be to install a skirt. Has anyone installed one? And did you use screwed in snaps or velcro, or something else?​

Thanks for your help.
Deb

jpmorgan37

Hi Deb;
I installed one on my Grand Canyon. I had it made to my measurements and am very satisfied with the job. It cost $160 plus tax and shipping and I got it in six days from the time I ordered it. It is attached with snaps which I predrilled and screwed in. Because of the different angles on the front of the Landmark, I am going to have to put two more snaps in order to get it to be perfectly straight across the front That could be taken care of when you send the measurements. They made a mini skirt that really worked out well for the bottom of the front. Also, they put a two inch hem in the bottom of the skirt and I slipped 3/4 inch pvc pipe in it to hold the skirt in the wind. Here is the web site: http://www.rvshadeshack.com/Products/Fifth. If you have any more questions, you can e-mail me.

John

Deb

Deb
John

Thanks for the reply. We will be leaving for Naples, FL around Christmas, and will be there till mid March. Will take care of this project while in FL. Do you happen to have any pictures of where the snaps are attached to the RV? Would love to see some up close pictures. Would give us a better idea of where to measure etc. Better to ask a satisfied customer than the company.

Leaving tomorrow after church for Myrtle Beach (staying at Willow Tree) for a couple of days to celebrate my husbands birthday. Meeting friends there and going to Carolina Opry. So won't be back online till Tues. If anyone is in the area - come say hello.

Deb