New Door Panel?

tvermette

First problem in our 1 week old Augusta. My son was moving a chair into the kitchen and dented my left door panel on my RM1350 refrigerator (GRRRRRRRRRRRR)....

Does anyone know if the panel can be replaced or do I have to replace the door? Next question, where would you get the parts? Looked online and can't find the parts. May have to call Dometic directly in the AM.

Very frustrating to have this happen when the unit is only a week old. Want to get it fixed asap.

Any information or help would be "greatly" appreciated.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Calling Dometic might get the parts quicker. You might give HL parts a call also. If you are a HL club member you get a 10% discount on parts. You never know...might be cheaper from HL. BTW, if your son has a job...hand him the bill. There are expensive learning lessons in life.

gasman

Camp Socializer
Those panels are replaceable. If you contact your nearby RV parts supplier they can order it from Dometic.

tvermette

Thanks for the update guys.. oh trust me, the kid is paying for this! :)

Have either of you replaced the panels? Wonder if it's a big job? Looks like it will be more of a pain than hard to do.

I'll be calling tomorrow to get one on the way...can't let something like that go...gotta get it fixed.

2010augusta

you should have had this happen a few months ago. I acquired a "spare" set of stainless steel doors for the rm1350 and decided that ours did not need replacement after all, I listed them on craigslist for 3 weeks, before tossing them in a dumpster because we need the backseat of the truck again.

I am sure the HL or dometic we get you taken care of.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
These door panels on the RM 1350 are a whole new animal from the standard refer door. There are no panels to slide in or out. The exterior of the door is the door. The front wraps around to form the sides. Looking at mine I think you will need a whole new door. I could be wrong.
I broke a handle on mine, save your old handles if the new door comes with them, and called Dometic. They didn't even want to talk to me. I called my dealer got the new handle in less than a week. Warranty no less.
Let us know the final outcome.

Peace
Dave

tvermette

I got ahold of Dometic today, and I need to replace the whole door. $583.00. Ouch! But, got to do it, can't let it go.

I may hold off and continue to do some research. There has to be some doors out there somewhere that have come off a bad unit somewhere. Keep me in the loop if you all hear of anything. Great group of folks on here! Thanks again!

-Tom

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
I got ahold of Dometic today, and I need to replace the whole door. $583.00. Ouch! But, got to do it, can't let it go.

I may hold off and continue to do some research. There has to be some doors out there somewhere that have come off a bad unit somewhere. Keep me in the loop if you all hear of anything. Great group of folks on here! Thanks again!

-Tom

Check out RV Surplus. You may be able to find something there. http://www.rvsurplus.net/catalog/display.php?category_id=177