Which is the big seller in the Big Country line?

GOTTOYS

From looking at this forum it looks like the BC3250 is a very popular model in this line. Anybody know what the best selling floorplan is? Just curious....Don :angel:

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
We bought the 3250 because of the open room. When we had to have everyone inside because of bad weather, it's e-z setting up another card size table and still have lots of room to move around it. We have served up to 12 people inside the rig using the 2 tables and tv tables around the sofa/euro chairs. If I need extra counter space, we have bought a poly top, adjustable table that stores e-z under the sofa. Our son/daughter-in-law also like to go to the Nascar races and sometime brings another couple with them so we throw 2 queen size air mattresses on the floor and they are happy as a lark.
To sum it up, it's easier to work in an open room creatively than to work around a structure jutting out into a space.
One other major feature is to be able to get to just about everything while traveling long distances without having to slide the slides out. Our traveling buddies have the Big Horn 3670 and they can not get to anything when we stop at the rest areas for lunch, etc. except for the bathroom. They alway use our rig for those quick meals on the road.

B

bwwalczak

They are very close on the top Big Country layouts. You may want to check out the new up and coming layout - the Big Country 3650. Our research tells us that this will be a top seller.

Check it out. 3650RL.jpg

GOTTOYS

Nice..but with just the 2 of us that big kitchen may not be to our taste. We too like the open floor plan. It looks like they moved the closet doors farther back into the closet for more leg room next to the bed. That's on my "List of things to do to keep from getting bored" this Winter while we're down south for a couple months. Don

caissiel

Love the desk area, the kitchen size is nice but I think storage space is sacrificed, island could flot to satisfy everyone. room is nice at the bed.

Cannot beat the space and storage we now have in our 3500RL. We are not fans of the all in one Bath with the small aley to the bedroom.

I was not a fan of the island neither, but with our selector valves and traveling with the table turned 90deg's we have lots of space by opening the main slide by 4-6 inches, or same as the extension of the handrail in the doorway. in addition we open the fridge slide by 6-8 inches if we need access to under the kitchen sink. We put all our traveling needs within reach with the fridge slide closed. We were on the road 2 weeks last year and never had any issues.

We never could travel with the table as it was installed without the table rubbing on something, if moved it touched the island and the window if away from the island. so we turn it and leave it that way for most of the traveling and so far it never moved either way. and its held with the chairs front to back.

Gerr

After many years of looking to upgrade to a newer 5th wheel. We thought we had settled on one brand and model until we checked out the 3450TS. While in Texas for the winter , we had gone to a RV dealer to buy some supplies. While there we looked at the sob model we thought we would eventually buy. Well ,long story short. We picked up the new 2011 3450TS a week later, love at first sight . This was last March. No regrets. Lots of camping this last year. Jerry and Debi.

GOTTOYS

Jerry and Deb. Congrats on the Big Country 3450. That is really a nice floorplan. If I would have had more truck I would have bought it also. Hope you enjoy it...Don

We are the proud owners of a new 2011 Big Country 3250TS. We picked it up early
Dec. 2010 and we are anxious to head out in it just as soon as we see a break in the weather. We previously owned a 25FT travel trailer with no slides so we are just delighted with all the room we now have in this unit. Our previous trailer was up scale so we knew that if we were to trade it for a larger unit we would be very picky as to the quality. We found it in the Big Country. Thank you Heartland for a good product. The floor plan of the 3250 meets our needs. We love the spacious floor plan and the color of the mixed cabinets. Our previous trailer was very bright inside and we knew that we would want something that would be bright as well. We have added some personal touches to our RV. Since this did not have an island, we found a portable island that folds up when not in use. It is oval in shape so we were able to add stools at either end just in case we needed added eating space for our grandchildren or guests that may join us for meals. It gives us added work space. We also added a table stand between our recliners which will be nice for drinks, snacks etc. It also holds a lamp as well. I might add that my dear husband made the table and lamp. Another thing that we did was to put flameless candle sconces on either side of the cabinets on the wall above the dresser, a very nice touch. Gee, I think we could live in this unit. Even though we have not been out in it yet we spend time enjoying it as it sits on our property. Love, Love, Love, this RV.

jimtoo

Hi HiyaandPappy,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

Looks like your well into making your Big Country "Your 5er", a comfortable, livable unit with your own touches. If you could post a picture or two about your fold up island, I'm sure it would be appreciated by others. I have never heard of one myself and it sounds interesting.

Thanks for sharing your mods making it yours. Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

Jim,
Thank you for your kind welcome to the Heartland family. We are looking forward to meeting new friends as we travel in our new 5er. We would be happy to post pics of our Oval Island. If you are interested in seeing what it looks like go to QVC and type in K28247 in the item search and it will bring up the site with the info on the Island. We chose the 2-tone and removed the locking wheels to make it more stable and get it to the height that worked for us. Our stools were purchased at KMart and compliment the Island nicely. Hope this helps until we get pics posted.
Thank you again for your kind welcome.
Mike and Janine
Gracie(our traveling RV cat)

Speedy

They are very close on the top Big Country layouts. You may want to check out the new up and coming layout - the Big Country 3650. Our research tells us that this will be a top seller.

That's the floorplan my wife and I really like but I'm hung up on features from the Big Horn that are not available on the Big Country. Going back to the dealer this afternoon to have the remote jacks demo'ed to us while the unit is in the shop for prep prior to Feb 10 RV show. That may or may not be the deciding factor on which Heartland trailer to go with.

B

bwwalczak

You will be surpised how motivated the Big Country division is to earn business. Please make sure that your dealer calls the Heartland sales rep to confirm. Also, check out the new 3510RL. Great floorplan also.

Speedy

The 3510RL would not be considered because it is a walk thru bath. I do hope the dealer demo goes well because my wife is set on Heartland and if I can't the options I want we'll need to look at another manufacturer.

SJH

Past Washington Chapter Leaders
We never could travel with the table as it was installed without the table rubbing on something, if moved it touched the island and the window if away from the island. so we turn it and leave it that way for most of the traveling and so far it never moved either way. and its held with the chairs front to back.

If you get bored one day, would you please post a picture of this for me? It would be nice to be able to access the living area with the slides in!

Thanks!

B

bwwalczak

If you get bored one day, would you please post a picture of this for me? It would be nice to be able to access the living area with the slides in!

Thanks!

The dinette is only held down with 4 screws (very important that if removed only the same size screws are reused. If the screws are too long, they will damage slide, carpet, and a few other items. Screws are covered with 4 wood plugs.

You can remove/turn dinette - some folks have done this. In fact, years ago at another manufacturer, we did not secure tables to floor.

caissiel

When we bought the trailer we noticed that the dinette table had rubbed the center island. We asked the dealer to solve and repair the problem.
We noticed they repaired and moved the table closer to the window.
On the first trip we noticed that the table was against the window and could do damage in that direction also.
I removed the 4 screws holding the table and released it of the floor.

When we travel we turn the table 90 degrees and center it between the 4 chairs that we no longer strap at their location, we also removed all the chair hooks.

We place towells or coushions between chairs so they will not touch and traveled over 7000 miles that way so far.
When we stop for breaks we just slide the main slide out as far as the safety handle at the steps and have excess to the complete trailer, then we pull 2 chairs to face the window and usualy can eat that way. Its cramped but sometimes we just sit at the 2 outside chairs with the table still rotated.
I also installed selector valves that permits us to open the main slide partialy and also the kitchen slide partialy when access needed.