Floor Decking

SJH

Past Washington Chapter Leaders
Just for my own curiousity and so I don't give others incorrect information...I am trying to find the specs for the OBS Floor Decking for Landmark, Big Horn, and Big Country. I believe the Big Country is 3/8 OBS, the Big Horn specs from the web site say 5/8 OBS, and I could find nothing about the Landmark or other models for that matter.

Anyone know?

Thanks!

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
This is from the Bighorn Construction Manual on their website:

LAMINATED FLOORS
The BIGHORN floor, now one of
the STRONGEST FLOORS IN THE
INDUSTRY, is constructed using strong
2.5” Aluminum Tubing; Thick Block
Foam Insulation; 3/8” Seamless Floor
Decking and a Bottom Board that features
a Weatherproof Thermo-Board Luan. The
entire floor is Laminated providing a much
stronger foundation than traditionally built

floor systems.
Weyerhauser 3/8” seamless decking
is specially engineered to offer
unmatched support that plywood or
normal OSB simply can’t provide.
This material is bonded together
with special marine grade resin that
resists warping or buckling due to
moisture, and the seamless design
means no “squeaks” or “soft spots”
for you.​

SJH

Past Washington Chapter Leaders
Thanks John...I have trouble with the new website, it keeps locking up Explorer! I found this on the Big Horn Standards/Options page...one of the reasons for the question!

LAMINATED FLOOR CONSTRUCTION
  • Strong 3? Aluminum Framing
  • Block Foam Insulation
  • 5/8? Seamless Decking (No Seams)
  • Thermo-Board Luan on the Bottom

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Thanks John...I have trouble with the new website, it keeps locking up Explorer! I found this on the Big Horn Standards/Options page...one of the reasons for the question!

LAMINATED FLOOR CONSTRUCTION
  • Strong 3? Aluminum Framing
  • Block Foam Insulation
  • 5/8? Seamless Decking (No Seams)
  • Thermo-Board Luan on the Bottom

I have problems there, too. Fortunately, I downloaded the manual and some other documents from the previous website into my hard drive reference file.

noobee

Off Topic - To Moderator

Why all the extra information lines about the person making the comments? can something be done to get rid of this?

CS

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Re: Off Topic - To Moderator

Why all the extra information lines about the person making the comments? can something be done to get rid of this?

CS
I'm not quite sure what you are talking about. Everything looks normal on my end. Could you be more specific?

Peace
Dave

jbeletti

CS

noobee,

Do you mean like above in my reply where you can see what you wrote? This is what it looks like when "Reply With Quote" is used versus "Reply".

This is typically used in long threads where a person wants to reply to one specific person who posted something. So quoting that, it's clear what the reply is addressing and to whom. This is especially important on threads that are multiple pages long. Where the new reply will be on say page 3 and they are replying to a specific element that was posted on page 1.

Hope this helps explain it. If this is not what you were referring to - sorry that I am not understanding.

Jim

jimtoo

CS

I think he is talking about the signature below the post. If so, he needs to go to his "Settings" on the top right,,click,, scroll down to "My Settings" and go to the "General Settings" and click that. Then he can scroll down to "Thread Display Options" and remove the check from the box by "Show Signatures". This will not let him see the signatures on the bottom after someone makes a post. But will still have the information in the light blue on the side of the post.

Jim M

ChopperBill

Back on the floors. Our new one has floors as solid as the "Rock of Gibraltar"! I am still amazed at how solid they feel over our prior trailer. The floors will actually even put our stick home to shame! I saw a post on the other forum some time ago how they thought the new Bighorn floors were spongy. I am claiming a BIG B.S. to that one.