Ceiling Fan Switch

TomSt

Past New Jersey Chapter Leader
We have a 32RL with 'fantastic' fan in LR. Inside closet is a 110 volt switch labeled ceiling fan. A 110 fan was not an option. Switch is wired, what does it control or go to?

jpajax

The switch in the cabinet goes to the ceiling fan which is 110. The fantastic fan is 12 volt and it is operated by a thermostat in the hall right outside the bath room. Hope this helps. If you don,t have a ceiling fan it either goes too nothing or it could be missed labeled and it operates the wall receptacle at the awning.

D

Dave Willis

The plant must have put the switch there by mistake.

Thanks,

jpajax

If it is wired and has power going to it like you stated I think I would like know were it goes or de energize it.

D

Dave Willis

All of the Greystone units are pre-wired for the ceiling fan. That switch is not drawing any power unless the ceiling fan is installed and running.

Thanks,

TomSt

Past New Jersey Chapter Leader
OK Dave, which is it? a mistake or it is 110 prewired to some where? thanks to all the responses. Tom STeib

D

Dave Willis

We pre-wire every Reg Sundance and Greystone for a Ceiling Fan. I don't know the particulars on your unit but it is possible that unit called for a Ceiling Fan and a change orders was done deleting it.

Thanks,