Heartland's New Website

floridarandy

With all due respect to the gurus who put the new Heartland website together.....a giant step backward is needed IMHO. Site is way too complicated to navigate...VERY SLOW to load...and more of a PITA than I'm willing to navigate. Those who are excited about my rig tell me they give up trying to find anything.

The product is too good to get lost in the maze of the new site.

What say you others?

www.heartlandrvs.com

Randy

2010augusta

100% agree, It is getting a bit better since first launch, but it is a very hard it navigate site and info is still out of date of formated wrong. there are a lot of ? where " and ' are supposed to be.

caissiel

I use to go to the Heartland site often and now its the worst place I try to go,
its turtle speed and I usualy get discouraged and clic off.
It needs major work to make it user friendly.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I agree. I used to open a separate tab while on the forum so I could eyeball the models folks were talking about. Now, I just rely on whatever catalogs I picked up at the last RV show I went to.

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Well I tried out the new web page and from some of the above comments, I did not find it that difficult to navigate. Yes there are some new methods to access different parts, but I found everything I was looking for and I even found one feature I would really like to see completed. The Archive Section.

Change is difficult for some but I try to see the neat things in new technology. I was deskside support for about 20yrs and I had my own moon light business building workstations. If Heartland didn't use the new technology on their website then it is possible many people would ignore their ability for innovation.

That is my thoughts..
BC

BTW.. If you want to open more than one window in a seperate window or tab right click on the link or tab and left click on the link or tab. It will open in a new window or tab.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Well I tried out the new web page and from some of the above comments, I did not find it that difficult to navigate. Yes there are some new methods to access different parts, but I found everything I was looking for and I even found one feature I would really like to see completed. The Archive Section.

Change is difficult for some but I try to see the neat things in new technology. I was deskside support for about 20yrs and I had my own moon light business building workstations. If Heartland didn't use the new technology on their website then it is possible many people would ignore their ability for innovation.

That is my thoughts..
BC

BTW.. If you want to open more than one window in a seperate window or tab right click on the link or tab and left click on the link or tab. It will open in a new window or tab.[/QUOTE]

Well, golly gee. Learn something new every day. OK, I'll recant my earlier beach. It's been a while since I got frustrated on the new site and just stayed away from it. It does seem to work better.

jbeletti

The new site is still "new". More fine-tuning is being done. And a lot of product updating to do. I see the Landmark San Antonio is not online (no pics yet).

I took a short video of me navigating the site a bit. Maybe this will be a little help in terms of how to navigate the site.

Jim

[video]//heartlandowners.org/attachments/videos/heartlandrvs_web_10-27-10.mov[/video]

boatdoc

I gave up on it also. Some very good friends just ordered a BH 3055 and were very glad they had all the info before the site changed. Way to slow to load for us non-big city, slow speed connection folks.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
You guys just need to get rid of your old Commodores. I moved up to a 286 and the site loads fine for me. :) :) :)

Peace
Dave

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader
Mine loads fine and fast also. I really do like the graphics and once you learn how to navigate through it, it is simple. But I guess you cant navigate through something that doesnt load.
As someone else pointed out though in another thread about this, I do wish the information was up to date and remove all the question marks etc out of the descriptions.

Jellystone

I really like the new site setup. The presentation is well done and the information is easily obtained. It is just a matter of learning how to operate something new when you're use to doing something a different way. Time and practice will cure the initial shock.

jbeletti

You guys just need to get rid of your old Commodores. I moved up to a 286 and the site loads fine for me. :) :) :)

Peace
Dave

Commodore? 64? I am still using the VIC 20 :)
vic20.jpg

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Remember the Commodore 64 was the first computer to use a GUI. I loved my Amiga 500. It was fast (for its time) had great graphics and we used one for video production. I had a 20 meg hard drive and never filled it up. Too bad Commodore just didn't have the resources to compete with Big Blue and an apple someone took a bite out of. BTW I still have my Amiga 500 with all the software and hardware including the monitor and Supra 20 Meg external hard drive, a Mac emulator with a Mac external 3.5 floppy drive.

ChopperBill

I have a pretty fast connection and although I can load and navigate through the site it is still herky jerky. Scroll the mouse and it sits there and eventually jerks into position. Ironically this forum site is some what slower than others I visit also. Both sites could use some simplifying. I remember the first computer we had at work for parts inventory. One screen was all it had. Now the new systems have so much content I cant even figure out all that is available. Guess you cant please everyone.

jbeletti

I still have my Tandy 16-bit Color Computer. Did upgrade it with a rope starter, though.

Wow - did this thread go sideways or what? My fault too. Adding gas to the hijack, I had many CoCos (and others) and did serious mods to them to add memory, video outputs, external keyboards. Fun days in the early through mid-80s. I got to apply a lot of what I learned in high school electronics class :)