Bonus Wheels on My 3400

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
I finally took the time to look at all of my wheels (aluminum wheel option) and found that I have wheels rated at 110# psi. I don't know if this was an error on Heartlands part or if all aluminum wheels on the 2007 BH's are the higher rated wheels. My wheels are the series06 wheels. Made in China by the way. The good thing about this is it gives me the option to use "G" reated tires when replacements are needed. Very Cool. Has anyone else discovered this.

jpmorgan37

Hey Bill;
At least you took the time to read and research the web site. Give yourself an attaboy for the effort and thanks for sharing.

Ray LeTourneau

ChopperBill said:
As much as I would like to take credit for being a super sleuth it does say www.series06.com on my hub caps. ;)

I've been to the website, in fact I ordered and received a replacement cap for the one I lost after checking my lug nut torques. (I didn't tighten the cap screw). My question is, what's your point? :confused:

Ray LeTourneau

Just to Clarify my original post

When I stated that I had discovered that I had aluminum wheels rated at 110#, I assumed that because I had load range E tires, my wheels would also be rated equal to the tires @ 85#.
Because my wheels are 110#, I again assumed that this was an error on Heartlands part but it was an error in my favor. IF all aluminum wheels on ALL Heartlands trailers are 110# wheels, then I received nothing extra which is also cool. I know there were earlier threads where wheel ratings were discussed.
It might be a good idea for BigHorn owners to verify their wheel ratings just for their own benefit.

ChopperBill

Just had Michelin Ribs put on mine but didn't check the wheels for weight limits. According to the wheel web site they are the same size, except for the bore, but one is HD. I do know that mine had metal valve stems but were going to have them put on the high pressure brass and rubber stems but they wouldn't fit. The tire buster said the valve stems were special to that wheel. He just resealed my old valve stems.

christianson

RAY How can you tell if you have the heavy wheel the specs are the same except for rating 1 is 3200 lbs. the outher is 3975 lbs regular has 1/2 nuts and the heavy duty has 9/16 in. nuts it could be that the axel 6000lbs gets 1/2 in. nuts and the 7000lbs, get the 9/16 in. nuts the wheel look idenical.

christianson

sorry my numbers are wrong should be 9/16in. on regular wheel and 5/8 in. on hd wheel 3200 lbs on regular wheel and 3960 lbs on hd wheel .

Ray LeTourneau

christianson said:
RAY How can you tell if you have the heavy wheel the specs are the same except for rating 1 is 3200 lbs. the outher is 3975 lbs regular has 1/2 nuts and the heavy duty has 9/16 in. nuts it could be that the axel 6000lbs gets 1/2 in. nuts and the 7000lbs, get the 9/16 in. nuts the wheel look idenical.

The wheel rating is forged on the back side of one of the spokes. The wheel ratings are 110 psi / 3960 lbs. or 85 psi / 3200#.
These should correspond to the tire ratings either Load range "E" or "G". As I had said earlier, I assumed that because I had "G" tires I would have 85 psi. wheels but I actually received 110 psi wheels.

christianson

I looked at my 3055 Bighorn last nigt it has the 9/16 in. studs on it lug nuts take 13/16 in. socket will have to chech stap on back of spoke to see what it says thanks for info

Uncle Rog

Howdy, our 3600 RL came with G range tires, the plate calls for E range. I would never use the E's with a GVW of 16K...............

ct0218

You're right, that is why I suggested in another post you never go by a label placed on a vehicle but by what the tire and wheel have molded on it. LR E on that size trailer would be at the limit, or close to it, empty.

Cooper

My Gloden Gate wheels are rated 3750 and 110 PSI and are made in Argentina.
ChopperBill I checked your wheel link and called them. Their wheels are all made in China. I have only found one MFG of trailer wheels made in the US and thats ALCOA.
Point being do you feel safe with foreign made wheels on your RV?

ChopperBill

Never gave much thought to the wheels even though I did read some where they were made in China. haven't seen a wheel failure on the road. Have seen about a million tire carcasses on the road, however. Been in the farm equipment business for 43 years and the only wheel failures I have seen were on 30 year old tractors that were half rusted away. Guessing if we boycotted Chinese products we would all be naked riding home made skate boards!:eek:

DougLynne

retired Alberta Chapter Leaders
I was out to my 3055 yesterday showing it off to my kids home for Xmas and crawled under and sure enough, the wheels are rated for 110 psi. Didn't have my tools with me so couldn't check lug nut size. Good to know for future tire replacement.../Doug

Last edited:
C

Chulinw

I just got done repacking my wheel bearing an look at the rims and that stated 80 psi on the inner side of the rim. I was hoping for the 110 lb so I could increase the tire pressure. The tires I have also state 80 psi cold. I did notice one has a wear on the inner side and the rest show normal wear.

DennisZ

Just checked my 3055RL, and they infact have the 110 psi rims. I have Loadstar tires (LRE) installed and they have a max load capacity rating of 3500 pounds at 90 psi. That must be why Heartland had to install the 110 psi rims.

Anybody else notice if the tires they have on the 110 psi rims also have the 90 psi rating?? Just wondering.