My Cyclone must do cheap mods!

gpshemi

Sorry the pictures are bad. Phone lens has some scratches I didn't realize it when I took them. I'll have to polish it out and re-post sometime.

I started by making a set of stabilizers from Home Depot conduit, a couple bolts and nuts. I think I have about $20 into it now. I put a pc of angle iron on the bottom of the front frame to mount the two arms to. The bottom mounts I drilled for and they bolt through the landing legs. We had a king pin stabilizer before this, and I gotta say...these things ROCK! Best $20-30 I ever spent. I have two more whipped up also to mount the other way as well. Not sure if I'll need yet another set on the back jacks or not. We'll see, but I doubt it.

stabilizersSmall.jpg

From there I removed the tire rack that was mounted under the garage. On our maiden voyage, but still only half way there, we blew a tire. I now carry TWO spares. With six tires, you just can't be sure you won't loose more then one. However, the rack was only set up to hold one. So I bought another crank on eBay exactly like the first for $45. I used some 1.5" angle iron I had kicking around to make two new mounting locations on either side of the original. I shortened the crank down shafts, bolted them on either side, and now have a rack for two tires for a whopping $45 and some time.

rack1Small.jpg

rack2Small.jpg

rack3Small.jpg

While I was at it I shortened the sewer line about a foot, and mounted the redesigned rack in front of the leading axle to prevent dragging it everywhere I go. This is where it (they) should be mounted to start with. In the rear is just a terrible idea.

sewer_shortSmall.jpg

On to the next mods...

caissiel

Well done, nice to be creative, keep the very go work.
I use truckbox holders I bought at Northern Tools on sale for $10 each.
When the front legs are braced on the side, I no longer bother to brace the rear legs.
So I use the extra 2 holders in the truck box to hold my stuff, If I need more supports in the truck I rob the trailer supports. Works for me.

I mounted my spare tire rack on the front to.
Made more room to carry my 2 Kayaks on the rear.

It was easier to handle the spare up front behind the step, then trying to wrestle one of the Kayak under the step.

gpshemi

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300473972755&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWNX%3AIT

If I remember right the angle iron was:

1 pc) 1.5" x 1.5" x 18" (tire support with a notch cut into it to clear crank tube)
1 pc) 1.5" x 1.5" x 15" (welds under tire support with notch to give more support since the notch weakens it)
2 pc) 1.5" x 1.5" x 22" (width wise cross bars for cranks to mount to)

Left the original center cross bar in place. I suppose you could always move the single back to the center and turn it back into a signle carrier that way. A fab shop could whip it up in a half hour pretty quick and pretty cheap too. All you'd have to do is buy the crank then.