Looking for a good service firm in San Marcos Austin area?

robertjoy

We purchased a North Trail from Explore USA in Kyle and the sales side of the business was okay but the service operation is dismal to be kind at best. We took it back for a few minor items like water leaking around the shower door, the wood panel at the entrance bowed and a side wall bow in the shower, plus one of the small cupboards over the couch had popped out of the hinge. Almost 2 weeks later we were advised it was ready, yes 2 weeks and we still needed to wait while they fixed the door.
Now the original problem door has popped out again and a further door has also popped out. My feeling is that the hinges are way too strong for the small doors and I'm very tempted to look around for different hinges that maybe are not quite as fierce. Does anybody have any suggestions and or maybe a service dealer that is more efficient, that also cleans up the mess after they have worked inside our rig.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Try Explore RV in Seguin. Also go to the Explore RV website and send a message to the owner about your bad experiences. He does care and will respond.

wdk450

Robertjoy:
I looked at the RVSERVICEREVIEWS.com website and only found 1 entry for San Antonio, and that was for engine work on a Class C motorhome, I don't know the other towns in the area, so it still be worthwhile looking at the Texas entries on that website.
A Google search on "RVService San Antonio" got one hit of a mobile RV servicer with guaranteed service.
Heartland service keeps a list of approved RV servicers that they have dealt with in areas across the country. You might call them.

Good luck!!!

danemayer

I just had my Rushmore serviced under warranty at CamperClinic2 in Buda. They fixed about 10 warranty problems, some minor, some more significant. Parts had to be ordered from 3 vendors. They turned it around in 2 1/2 weeks, a good bit of which was waiting on return calls from the vendors. I'm very satisfied with how they handled everything.