Considering 06 BigHorn

jeffsRV

Hi Guys-

my wife and i are debating a Big Horn versus a Montana. Would love to hear some thoughts around strengths of the BigHorna and where we should be careful. I have heard (and seen here) some questions around build quality of Heartland. Would love to hear your thoughts on any aspect of your heartland experience. Are people generally happy with their BH? any areas of particular strength? and areas of particular concern? etc...

I posted a similar message in the BigHorn forum as well...

Thanks

Jeff S

billd

Well we bought a bighoorn 3670rl in October of this year. The wife and I had been looking for about 4 years as to what we really wanted (went from travel trailer to class A's and settled on 5th wheels).

We had narrowed our choices to Cedar Creek, Keystone Everest, K-Z, and went to the Pomona RV show this year. While there one couple kept comparing an Everest unit to the Bighorn. So we added it to our list to go check it out.

We ended up spending 2 hours going over all of the models on the lot, and met Brian Brady, Tim Hoffman and Coley Brady all from Heartland. They asssured us that if any issues came up they and our dealer would fix it to our satisfaction.

Went home that night, mulled over our choices and went back to look at 2 units, bighorn adn everest. Ended up with the bighorn.

The fit and finish we felt was better, The room around the bed was far superior, the closet is great.

We had a few problems to start out with, a loose water fitting, bad celing fan, brakes needed adkusting, and a cabinet door replaced due to being dented during moving.

We are pleased with it very much so. We added a second AC to it since we go to the Colorado river (near Blythe, CA) to go jet skiing a lot during the summer.

For the price point I feel Heartland is a great product. Would I buy one again, yes.

Bill

sharmulst

We have a BH3500RL which is a 2006 model that we purchased in August of 2005. So far we have 9,000 miles on it and have had only minor problems which were fixed at the RV rally last June. We have been on the road since October 27,2006 and have had one minor problem. The door to the pantry fell off while we were enroute. Don't know why, but my husband just got some new screws, put the door on and we were in business. Just going to check and make sure that all doors are latched in the future. We are currently back in Bullhead City, AZ after 6 1/2 weeks in California. Our next destination is Yuma on Jan 1 and then on to St. David, AZ.
Would we buy another BH, you betcha. If we got another I would like the new 3670, saw a prototype at the June RV rally in Goshen. Looking forward to the rally this coming year.
May all of you have a wonderful Christmas and the best of the New Year.