Somebody Help!

Arkansas1

Past Arkansas Chapter Leaders
Someone has had to have had this problem, or knows the solution! I had upgraded thermostat to the hunter and all was working fine but then yesterday while out camping, temps dropped, so no big deal, turn on heat right, nope no heat... check all conections still nothing, just because I swithced over to the AC mode to make sure it was OK and no AC! Maybe thermostat gone out, put old one back in, still no heat or AC, blower does not even work, fuse inside OK pulled panel off at heater outside to check heating unit to see if switch may have been out of position, still nothing... I think I have run out of possible fixes or places to look for something gone wrong!
I'll be outside still looking and scratching head hope someone has the answere.
Thanks in advance for any possible solutions.

DougLynne

retired Alberta Chapter Leaders
The only thing I can think of is to check for a breaker tripped or the ground fault breaker on the bathroom plug. Hope you get a fix quickly.../Doug

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Did you physically remove the 12V ATC fuses from the panel and examine it? Seems I recall reading where they've blown, yet the red indicator LED did not light up. The furnace fan runs on 12V. There is no switch on the outside for the furnace. The switch out there is for (and on) the water heater. Did you use a meter to check for voltages at the thermostat connections? You can try using a jumper between the ground and furnace connections in the thermostat to see if the fan kicks on. I did that by accident when I installed my Hunter (forgot to disconnect the battery). The furnace fan came on and about scared me to death. I was in the storage yard and did not have shore power.

wdk450

Arkansaw:
I remember hearing about a fuse in the Air conditioner control circuit board that I think affected the thermostat and even the heater. The control box is inside the AC filter cover on the return side. I think the circuit board is in a metal enclosure box.
I hope this helps.

Arkansas1

Hey thanks for the responses, checked all sugestions, did find the fuse in the AC behind the filter was blown, changed the fuse have power to AC but still no power to the heating unit I called the dealer and we are scheduled to come in on wednesday morning will keep you updated.
Thanks for your assistance!
Mike

JohnDar

Looking in my Suburban manual, unless there's a fuse hidden on the module board in the furnace, they don't identify any additional fuses for the furnace other than the 12V ATC in your panel.

dwolczuk

Out in the wilds 2 weeks ago, furnace quit with temperature below freezing. Fuse for water pump burned out. Replaced it and the furnace fuse. Everything worked. The only red light on was for the water pump fuse.

Arkansas1

Out in the wilds 2 weeks ago, furnace quit with temperature below freezing. Fuse for water pump burned out. Replaced it and the furnace fuse. Everything worked. The only red light on was for the water pump fuse.

Not a good time for the heat to go out!

Arkansas1

Thanks for your responses, the problem with the heat/air was a control unit circuit board, that is located in the main ac unit which controls the heat and air.
Again thanks for you help!

JohnDar

Curious, is that something that would be common to all rigs? Or just specific to certain models of AC's? Something else to add to the list of things to check, should mine ever go out.

Arkansas1

Not sure when speeking to the tech. he mentioned that it was unusual for this to happen, might just have been an odd moment, but it was to say the least unconfortable. My unit however had to be ordered it was not a stock item in there inventory.

jbeletti

Curious, is that something that would be common to all rigs? Or just specific to certain models of AC's? Something else to add to the list of things to check, should mine ever go out.

Units with the Dometic Comfort Control Center thermostat that controls the AC and the furnace, have that control board in the AC unit on the roof that is programmable (DIP switches). My guess is that Mike's Landmark does not have separate furnace and AC thermostats/controls and instead, has the Dometic unified control center/thermostat. So if the control board up top in the AC that is connected to the control center goes out, I can see how it would affect both AC and furnace operation.

Jim