Noisey Fireplace

Gaffer

After being on for awhile our fireplace rattles. Seems to be related to the speed setting of the flame flicker. This happens when the speed is slow and is very annoying. Seems to go away or at least be less noticeable on a faster setting but we like the look of the slower setting. anyone had this problem and fixed it?

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Describing a noise is difficult. If it were me I would pull the fireplace and run it. Maybe pinpoint the noise. There may be a loose screw or just something rubbing that needs a little persuading bump to quiet it.
When you do find it let us know what it is. Might help someone else down the line.

Peace
Dave

Schultz14

We picked up a 2011 3100 ES yesterday and watched a movie in it last night. We were playing with things and turned on the fireplace with no heat, just the lights/flame and it was noisy. It sounded like a hamster running on one of those wheels. I found this thread looking to see if this was common. Are they noisy?
Thanks
Like the site, lots of info here.
And we love the Sundance.

jimtoo

Hi Schultz14,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

The fireplace should not be making any noise other than the fan. The fan makes a little, but not any more than any of the small electric fans do. I would be contacting your dealer for help.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

Schultz14

Thanks for the reply Jim. We'll put it on our list of things we want the dealer to look at. The only other item so far is a piece of border (the decretive stripe on the walls) that is beginning to peel off.
We look forward to visiting this site for info.
Linda & Augie

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
Mine was noisey when I first got it. Seems the flip-up door was rattling. It wasn't seated all the way.
When I close it, I give a little extra effort and that seems to have cured it.