Razor 3110DS Frame Bracing

captpfd

Acquired a lightly used 2008 Razor last week. While having new tires put on, the shop showed me a brace welded to the frame that is a mere 1" from the tire. Is this a problem? I looked around the entire frame and this bracing is appx. every four feet. But this one brace is directly above the drivers side tire on the front axle. On the passenger side, the brace seems correctly placed in the center between the two tires. What are your thoughts or experieces. Has anyone else seen this?

BTW, I am still learning alot about this trailer, some good and some not so good. I have made a few post on the Razor area but no responses to my questions, so I thought I would try this area.

Capt. R.

SmokeyBare

Capt. R,

I'd be looking closely at that brace for any signs of tire rub. The RV you said has be lightly used so IF there was any risk of that metal brace rubbing against the tire there would be signs of it on the edges of the brace. When the day comes for you to decide to replace the tires, make sure the diameter of the replacement tires are the same or slightly small than whats on the Razor now.

Happy Camping Sir,

captpfd

Can't be 100 percent sure, but it looks as if it could have been rubbed, hard to tell. Any ideas of what I should do? Can I relocate that brace to the middle as the other side shows? Wander what the Factory would say or suggest?

BTW, I would love to meet others who own the 3110DS to talk shop etc. Contact me at lesrub@aol.com

captpfd

Contacted Lippert and Don is sending me a new brace and suggested cutting the old one out and moving it. Don said according to the schmatics that is where the brace is suppose to be. I'm no genius but that's ridiculous, anyone can see that is a bad place for a bracket. The opposite side of the trailer is correct. I have only had this trailer for two weeks and the issues are mounting up as with two water leaks I have already discovered last night during a rain storm. Hopefully, this will not continue with this trailer. Capt.

westxsrt10

Perfict Senior Member
If possible we sure would like to see a photo of that problem brace placement.
I see you did purchase a used unit so the last owner could have abused it by letting it set outside exposed to the weather for 3+ years drying out the cauking.

captpfd

If possible we sure would like to see a photo of that problem brace placement.
I see you did purchase a used unit so the last owner could have abused it by letting it set outside exposed to the weather for 3+ years drying out the cauking.

OK, let me clarify a few points. This frame brace issue or "outrigger support" as Lippert calls it is in the wrong place, period. This has nothing to do with maintenance on anyones part, it's an Engineering snafo. I'm no dummy, but you don't install a bracket one inch from the tire from the factory. Lippert is sending me a replacement based on my photo and acknowledged it was in a bad place also but said that's what the drawings called for. So why is the brace on the opposite side of the trailer correct. This is what's called the left hand not talking to the right hand or building an RV by a computer and layering the floorplan. Any inspector on the line should have caught this problem. Secondly, the previous two RV's I have owned were purchased new. The first was a bumper pull by Palamino and the second a is a Forest River Flagstaff fifth-wheel. Both were good trailers overall but both had many quality control issues from the beginning. My point is not everyone goes out and buys a brand new RV, we chose to buy a lightly used toy hauler this time because of the higher cost and saved about $15k. Our trailer had been used three times and the Genset had 12 hours on it, so it is like new. Some of us out here are on a budget but still want to have some fun. I can't retire for twelve more years. BTW, I will post a picture of the brace. Capt.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
WOW, Westxrst, I guess we know where the Capt stands now. BTW, Capt...I had an outrigger placed wrong on my NEW BH also. Lipperts welds them on in THEIR plant.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Captpfd, I think that westxrst10 was refering to the leaks not placement of your brace when he said lack of maintenance. Where are your leaks?

Peace
Dave

captpfd

Got a replacement brace outrigger from Lippert in timely manner. I took a grinder and cut out the old one and will properly install this new one this weekend. Thanks to Don at Lippert for the part. As for my other immediate issues, we experienced a leak in the shower which I caulked and think I fixed a few days ago. The other leak seems to be around the white refrigerator cover on the outside of the trailer. Has anyone else had water leak in around this cover and into the trailer. Everything up top on the coach looks great to me. The last issue is the furnace which seems to only come on when it feels like it. One day it works, the next day it doesn't, fan blower comes on, you can smell propane and hear it clicking trying to light. Your thoughts please. Capt.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Capt, on your leak by the refer. Is your drain hose sticking out through the cover? Do you have an ice maker? Ice maker lines have been know to develope pin holes.
On the furnace, did you try cleaning the burner and ignitor? There may be some insects trying to move in there. That could prevent ignition. There is what is known as a sail valve there. Do a search for that. Electronic boards sometimes fail or crack. That is one other thing to consider. That is something that may have to be checked by your dealer.
Keep us posted on your progress.

Peace
Dave

djkelsoe

Capt, you might want to check the outside shower where the hose connects to the faucet, not the shower side, inside the walls of the unit. Mine leaked because it did not have a washer on the connection and dripped down onto the floor.