Dinette Table for 2011 21 FBS NT

First of all let me say we just love this forum before we do a modification we check here and when we cant find one we ask of all you. So here goes the ? Have NT 2011 21 FBS and love it problem is when you bring in the slide the table must be removed. Which is ok saw the one modification on it and was going to do it but I was afraid table would be to far for me to eat at. So my smart husband came up with new idea, we were in the process of looking for little table for outside when cooking or if I want to use electric skillet outside. How about adding folding legs to the existing dinette table that way if slide is in can still have usable table plus can double for outside table. Have been on line looking for folding table legs and found many any one know why this wouldnt work.:)

irvin56

It would and will work. just make sure that the folding legs do not interfer with the post holes otherwise it will not fold up tightly. our tables in 31qbs has foldup legs already on them so we can take it outside if we want

Hunter

Newby
You will still have the problem of storing the table while traveling. That was our concern. So, DH came up with:
2331765510104578315S200x200Q85.jpg

For more pictures you can go to:
http://good-times.webshots.com/album/569375754mHDjuE

We had a metal fabricator make them out of stainless steel. DH put solid oak into the holes on the floor and glue the wood in. He then bolted the legs into the wood. It is great. We never have to worry about table storage and it is always up and ready any time we want to stop to eat while traveling.

jbeletti

Hunter - I think you and Alan (2010 Augusta) need to have a mod-off! Seriously, I reviewed all your mods on your photo site. Very nice work!

Please join us in Goshen in June for show-and-tell :)

Jim

8paws

Hunter - I think you and Alan (2010 Augusta) need to have a mod-off! Seriously, I reviewed all your mods on your photo site. Very nice work!

Please join us in Goshen in June for show-and-tell :)

Jim
Good Afternoon Jim,
My husband and I also own a 21Ft North Trail. The same floor plan as yours. We are very interested in the design, you came up with, for the table legs. We live in Northeast Georgia, so not sure where we could have it done. If you have the opportunity we would like to hear from you, regarding the stability of the table, with the new modification, and where you had it done. Our email address is joeandlinda66@windstream.net We do hope to hear from you. We have also made some changes, such as having new cushions made, I made new curtains, my husband made an oak grab rail as you go out the door and various other things have been done. All in all we do like your design for the table, so would be interested if we could hear from you.