Keyless Entry Manual

atlal

Is there a manual on operating/programming/troubleshooting the Keyless Entry on a 2011 Landmark Grand Canyon?

Current Issues I have:

1. I don't know how to change the default combination.
2. Twice it just didn't work for a short while (hour or two). It wouldn't lock or unlock the door. Maybe because the weather is getting colder? Maybe it lost it's codes? I noticed that the 9/0 button flashed several times brighter that the other buttons. Is that some sort of a fault code indication?

Luckily, I had the key in my pants pocket and not in my jacket that I'd left in the RV.

Since I'm on the subject of keys, I've lost one set. Can I get another set of keys?

Thanks,

Atlanta Al (atlal)

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
You should have gotten the instruction sheet included with your Owners Pack. That's the blue zippered bag. But if you didn't HERE is a link to some information that I found in the Tools listing at the top of this page.
Any RV dealer should have blank keys.

Peace
Dave

Willym

My keypad operation was inconsistent also. I suspected that the keypad battery was failing, but it turned out to be a bad connection between the battery and the keypad, easily fixed. The battery is under the keypad, on the circuit board, you just carefully prise the pad off.

Wharton

I have problems with the keypad periodically, my DW has never had a problem. She says it is me...........Probably right....

K

karykatz

Atlanta Al,

If you are unable to get your keylees entry working, please contact our service department. They have a list of trouble shooting items to go through with you. This should help get your unit working.

I hope helps.

atlal

Thanks for everyone's input.

I had looked in the TOOLS area, but didn't realize that Southco was the Keyless Entry info.

I want to say that I didn't get the manual for the Keyless Entry in the blue zippered bag, however its more likely that I misplaced it. I have been through that bag so many times that I should have it all memorized by now. I hear that's an age issue though. I guess I'm lucky I can remember where the bag is when I need it, like when the door is locked and the bag is inside in the cabinet. (Actually it was in the car at that time, but it sounded good).

I'm going to check out the battery and it's connection when I get home. Thanks again for your help.

Atlanta Al (atlal)

castaway

The Skipper
We bought a new Bighorn 2011 at the end of Oct. The Keyless entry stooped working about 2 weeks later. I searched threw the blue bag and finally found the paperwork on it. Not easily noticeable. Did not see any real solution in the paperwork. Sense the panel lights stopped working I decided that it might be the battery in the keypad. I removed the Keypad from the coach. Pried it off as it is applied with back tape. Went out and bought a small phillips screw driver (Very small screw driver) and opened up the back. Installed a new battery - the keyless entry works! The manufacture date on the keypad seamed to have a date of being over 5 years old. The bighorn 3055 manufacture date was Sept 2011. long shelf life I hope the battery lasts longer this time ( 2 weeks) I have not bought any adhesive tape yet to reinstall the keypad. Looking for an easer installation for continued maintenance. ( a new back plate design)

Last edited:

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Gary, give Southco, the keyless entry manufacturer, a call and tell them your issue. Talk to Mike Faye. They will send you a new adhesive for the back of your pad or maybe a new keypad. There have been some issues with some keypads. One of the problems is that the battery seems to die after a couple of weeks. They sent me a new keypad. The old one died, but not because of the battery.

Peace
Dave

atlal

I sent the following email to 'info@southco.com'

Southco
Attn: Mike Faye

I have a EA-R03 Wireless Keypad Kit.

The keyless entry pad (SN: 0911042) on my 2011 Heartland Landmark RV stopped working. I removed the pad from the side of the RV and replaced the battery which fixed the keyless entry problem.

Can you provide me with a new sticky pad so I can reattach the keyless entry pad to the side of the RV?

Thanks.

Southco responded with the following email referring me to Lippert:

Thank you for contacting Southco's eService.

Your request regarding your RV entry door wireless keypad has been received and reviewed.

Lippert Components, the RV door manufacturer, will provide you with technical support for the RV Entry Door System operating
or programming issues (typically referred to as EA-R03 or EA-R0x).

Please contact Lippert Components customer service team at the following:

Toll free phone number 1-866-524-7821

or

Email with all unit info to warranty@lci1.com <blockedmailto:warranty@lci1.com>

If we can be of further assistance, please address your reply to info@southco.com.
Southco eService can be contacted 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

Best Regards,

Southco eService
Latches & Access Hardware
info@southco.com
www.southco.com

Do I talk to Southco or Lippert??? Atlanta Al

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
atlal [FONT=Consolas said:
Do I talk to Southco or Lippert??? Atlanta Al[/FONT]

Aatlanta Al, if your reply from Southco says "please contact Lippert Components customer service team", my guess would be to contact Lippert.

Peace
Dave

ATLJOHN

Hi all
I have had this problem with my 2011 BH 3670RL and after replacing the battery 3-4 times I have now moved key pad from near the door to inside the door with my lp bottles. I will see if the batteries will last longer then 2-4 weeks without rain.

That may be part of the problem. We've already had our keypad replaced in September of 2010 and now the new one is malfunctioning. I took it apart to put in a new battery and discovered several of the gold contacts had green corrosion on them although the 4 month old battery did not show any corrosion or leakage. I carefully scraped off the corrosion and the keypad is working, but after a good rain water comes out from underneath the keypad when you press the buttons. I'm figuring this one won't last long either.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Just a thought on the corroded contacts. The next time you have to take it apart and clean the contacts, give them a coating of dielectric grease. That should help.

Peace
Dave

ATLJOHN

Oh well my idea putting the key pad inside the LP compartment door did not work. Battery dead after 4 days.
Maybe Southco will come out with a remote and do away with the keypad,

jjwink

We also had problems with the keypad. It would not let us change the original code to one we selected. We contacted Southco who said they knew they had a problem with the keypad but Lippert was the company responsible for replacement. We contacted Lippert and were told we would have to bring the rv in to let them check it out and be sure the problem was theirs. They did acknowledge that rain getting into the keypad was a problem. Seems a lot of finger pointing is going on.

jpdoggett

I have a new Augusta and the keyless didn't work when I got the rv had to replace battery worked for 2 weeks talked to Heartland and ketless manufacture they have sent dealer new key pad hope it works

castiron

I also have a new Landmark San Antonio, with the keyless entry that I could not change the code. My dealer is in the process of sending me a new key pad. I also changed the battery but that did not help. My dealer talked with Lippert and they sent them directions on how to change the transmitter. The transmitter is inside the door, you have to tape the outside of the window, take off the screen door, close the door, take off the door window trim, pull the transmitter and go through some steps to reset the keypad to the transmitter. My dealer faxed me the directions. Sounds like to me, that this feature is" not all that and a bag of chips". When you're 2hrs away from the dealer, and fuel is like it is, it's not cost effective. If Heartland is going to add new features, they need to check them out in more detail, than trying to win over the public.

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
I must be lucky since mine works fine. Just takes some time toget accustomed to the required buttons to lock and unlock the door. They should have stayed with the 3 to unlock as with the vehicles do.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I also have a new Landmark San Antonio, with the keyless entry that I could not change the code. My dealer is in the process of sending me a new key pad. I also changed the battery but that did not help. My dealer talked with Lippert and they sent them directions on how to change the transmitter. The transmitter is inside the door, you have to tape the outside of the window, take off the screen door, close the door, take off the door window trim, pull the transmitter and go through some steps to reset the keypad to the transmitter. My dealer faxed me the directions. Sounds like to me, that this feature is" not all that and a bag of chips". When you're 2hrs away from the dealer, and fuel is like it is, it's not cost effective. If Heartland is going to add new features, they need to check them out in more detail, than trying to win over the public.
There are some shortcuts to the process. I changed my keypad and had to erase the code that was in the transmitter. I had the door open. I removed the inside window frame by removing the screws. All you need to do is get two jumpers for the contacts on the door and door jam. No need to remove the screen or close the door when you do it this way. The transmitter can then be pulled up, although not out. There is a small cover on the transmitter. Remove it. Inside will be a small jumper. You will need a small needle nose pliers. Remove the jumper, wait a few seconds and reinstall it. Put everything back together and reprogram the remote.
I love the keyless entry.

Peace
Dave