Heater switch on monitor panel

bigTdrop

Ok, this is is likely a dumb question, but given that the heater turns on simply by sliding the setting
lever on the thermostat, then what is the function of the toggle switch marked "heater" on the monitor panel?
I ask because on our first outing with our 181 recently, I finally tried to turn on the water heater on our last day to no avail. I didn't hear an ignitor clicking. Must this switch be turned on first, prior to turning on the water heater switch? Hot water was not important as we were using the campground showers, but now I'm anxious to make sure it's working.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
There is an on/off switch on the back of the water heater (outside the RV) that is probably in the off position. The switch that says heater turns on the propane for the water heater. The propane tank needs to turned on for the propane to lite.

brains77396

The switch on the monitor panel that is marked heater in the gas hot water switch. Also located somewhere inside the camper is another switch, red, that look like a light switch. That is the electric hot water switch. I would not run either one unless the water heater is full of water. If the gas part of the water heater did not come on, open the outside water heater panel and located in the back is a switch. Place it in the "On" position.

Ok, this is is likely a dumb question, but given that the heater turns on simply by sliding the setting
lever on the thermostat, then what is the function of the toggle switch marked "heater" on the monitor panel?
I ask because on our first outing with our 181 recently, I finally tried to turn on the water heater on our last day to no avail. I didn't hear an ignitor clicking. Must this switch be turned on first, prior to turning on the water heater switch? Hot water was not important as we were using the campground showers, but now I'm anxious to make sure it's working.