Another year gone by - sad - time to winterize the Augusta

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
Well I did it. I winterized the Augusta this past weekend. We had a pretty good season this year. Got to meet a lot of new Heartland Owners and our Ohio Rally went well. We logged about 80+ nights this year. It is about average for us as we do a lot of weekend camping. Not too many long excursions but we did make it to New Jersey, south Jersy Shores area. Met Debbie and John Bylinski and another couple of Heartland owners. Very nice that they came down to camp with us. Justin and I made it to the Nashville rally. That too was a good time. Now that the cold is trying to settle in I am fine with being done for the season. I don't consider it camping anymore when the temps get too low. Already looking forward to next year.

Hope everyone has a safe winter and safe travels,
Mark

SJH

Past Washington Chapter Leaders
We have one more outing this weekend and we too will be "winterizing" the Big Country. We don't mind camping in the rain although we prefer not to...but, if you are going to camp in Washington state, you learn to camp in the rain. By Thanksgiving here at the northern border, we get freezing temps at night so most of those who winterize do it before the holiday. Already looking forward to spring! :)

Have a great week!

loafer

Hey Mark
It was great to meet you and Linda at your Ohio rally. Thanks for organizing that right in the time frame of our cross Canada US Nashville tour.
We enjoyed all the comraderie and new friends we met with you. thanks for making us welcome.
Yes sadly we too are winterizing our rig but on the bright side we are already planning 2011 camping tours as most of us are I am sure.
anyway safe travels and stay healthy
Regards
Bill and Maureen

ChopperBill

Ya, I had to shut ours down in Sept. 9000 feet on the WY. Snowy Range dictates that. Good news is it heads to AZ for 3 months in Jan and I think a simple blow out will suffice that time of the year when we come home the first of April.

kkamshop

Ken winterized our Augusta too this weekend Mark, because we are taking her up to Elkhart for some repair work.

It took a while as we never winterize, our barn is heated!

No trips planned this winter - it's gonna be a looonnnnggg one!