Bighorn vs Cedar Creek

wfwilson

Founding Canadian Region Director - Retired
We have narrowed our short list to two 5th wheels. Bighorn 3055RL or Cedar Creek 36RLTS. Both have similar floor plans. Our first choice is 3055 amd we are interested in any comments people may have about either of the two units, companies, quality, service etc.
Thanks for you time!
Wayne & Gayle Wilson
2005 Dodge Ram 3500 SRW

DennisZ

Wayne
We were also down to the same choices as you plus a Cardinal. When we looked at Bighorn the first time I had somewhat decided against it in favor of the Cedar Creek. But after doing more research and actually seeing the later production model of the 3055RL, my DW & I decided that for everything we wanted, layout, price, construction methods (this was a big decision point) that we wanted the Bighorn. We have had our unit since June 06 and love it. We have had very few thing wrong with it and have been able to repair/modify everything I didn't like ourselves.
Many folks have had problems with their units, but I think as time goes on the quality is geting better.

Whatever you decide on, I hope you enjoy it as much as we do.

Dennis

sailorand

Past British Columbia Chapter Leader
Wayne
I think the 3055rl is a very good choice. I to looked at the Ceder Creek. I beleive that the frame construction of the Bighorn is much better than the CC.
We have had ours since April and Heartland has stood behind the unit wonderfully, which is a big thing in my books.
I would definately buy another.
Rand

SmokeyBare

Wayne,

We selected the 3400RL over the 3055RL. Our decision was based on the need to place two large leather lazy boy chairs in the trailer in place of those that were standard or options choices.

We found both the 3055RL as well as the 3400RL were what we wanted. Both had doors that opened to a non carpeted area. Both had three slide out rooms. Both had a very usable desk area where one of us could sit at the desk and the other could still watch TV. We were going to order our Trailer no matter what because we had options we wanted.

Options we selected were Gel Coat finish, dual paine windows, wired and framed for a second A/C, Electric rear stabilizers, counter extension, and aluminum wheels.

We found the 3400RL was the one we really wanted for it allowed the chairs to work and offered lots of living room space when we have company. Our 2 year old grandson can scamper about and not run into too many obstacles. He's tested every door, many drawers and of course the oh so fun screen door slide cover. All have survived !!

We have found this trailer it is far better insulated than our 1998 Challenger was. We are in Atlanta Georgia area and are able to stay warm just by using an electric heater. Only real issue I've had so far is a the closet rod. I decided to do the repairs my self. No question in my mind. I would recomend Heartland products to anyone who was looking for a quality Fifthwheel at a reasonable cost.

Good luck with You selection. I hope this aids you a little.

Marv

Last edited:
J

jjjelm

Wayne & Gayle....We bought our Big Horn 3055RL in June of this year and are very satisfied.....we've been on the road since Sept. 30th and have had no problems and enjoy all the nice features everyday...the only change we would make it to have dual pane windows ( our own fault for not ordering). Wonderful Wyoming

wfwilson

Founding Canadian Region Director - Retired
We have narrowed our short list to two 5th wheels. Bighorn 3055RL or Cedar Creek 36RLTS. Both have similar floor plans. Our first choice is 3055 amd we are interested in any comments people may have about either of the two units, companies, quality, service etc.
Thanks for you time!
Wayne & Gayle Wilson
2005 Dodge Ram 3500 Quad SRW Laramie

We have also posted this question on the Bighorn prospective Owners form.

Thank you to all you will take the time to add there opinions.

ChopperBill

The CC is longer but seems to have less storage. Hard to really say. The CC being about 3 1/2 foot longer would be a deal killer for me.

trdeal

Past North Carolina Chapter Leader
We bought the Landmark Mt. Rushmore, but before we did we looked at everything. Cedar Creek, Jayco,Mckenzie and all the others. We did not take this decision lightly. Have owned three other travel trailers, and have camped for years, so we had an idea of what we wanted and did not want.We took our pen and paper with us and our digital camera and our ruler. We got alot of funny looks when we were at a show and measured the floor space just to see which had more room. Narrowed it down to the Landmark and the McKenzie.From a mans standpoint,the thing that swayed me towards the Landmark was the HUGE storage space and the docking system.Love it. Have a friend who bought a Mckenzie. Big, Big difference in the amount of storage space.I guess my point is just take your time,pay attention to all the details. I do not think you would be sorry if you bought the Heartland.