Water Pump

cocaseco

On my 2011 26RLS, there is a hose attached to the water pump. The white hose is about 2 feet long and is not connected to anything on one side. The other end is connected, with a valve, to the water pump. I had assumed that this was the hose used to draw antifreeze from when winterizing. In fact, it seems like tehre is a little suction in there when running the pump and opening the valve. But it is nowhere near strong enough to pull the antifreeze in. Is that the intent of this hose? If not, what is it for? Where is the access for syphoning the antifreeze into the system?

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
You will not get much suction on the hose unless you bypass the hot water heater also.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Did that and still almost no suction. But is that the intent of this hose?
From your description, yes. It sounds like the winterizing suction line. That hose should "T" into the water pump inlet. There should be another hose, same appearance, that comes from the tank. There should also be a valve on that hose. Close the valve on the hose from the tank and you should get more suction on the winterizing hose. Keep in mind, it may not feel like much but when it's in liquid, it's much different.

Geo

That hose is for winterizing or putting in RV antifreeze, make sure you close the other valve so your pump will not pull from your fresh water tank. If you do that then you should have more suction on the white hose.
George

branson4020

Icantre Member
Don't try to judge the amount of suction by holding your thumb over the empty line. Stick the line in a jug of water and see what happens.

cocaseco

There was no movement at all with the antifreeze. Thats when i tried it with my thumb and labeled it as "minimal".

hoefler

There should be a valve shutting off the supply from the water tank or if the valve is part of the tee, 3 hoses attached, it is a bypass valve and it may not be fully turned to the other supply or could be bad. You may have to prime the pump a little if it has run dry for a while. It is designed to pump liquid not air. The liquid helps the valves seal. If you can pour some antifreeze in the line and let it run to the pump. Turn on the pump to get some through it and shut it off. Pour a little more in it and stick the end in your jug and it should start to draw it in.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
There was no movement at all with the antifreeze. Thats when i tried it with my thumb and labeled it as "minimal".
cocaseco, have you found the other valve yet? If you can't find the hose from the tank and close that valve you will not get any suction at the winterizing hose. A dealer may be your best alternative.