Water Heater Bypass

bozo

I started to put a Bypass on my North Trail 21FBS hot water heater and it looks like it came from the factory with a Bypass. Does anyone with a 21FBS know this to be the case. Mine has three valves at the water heater. It looks like North Trail has saved me about 2 hours work in a hole that I can hardly get my head in. Happy Camping!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks,

bozo

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
bozo, I believe all Heartland products come standard with a water heater bypass and a winterizing adapter at the fresh water pump.

bozo

Thanks Ray thats good to know. I have not taken the cover off to check for the fresh water adapter yet. But if it is thats great news.

Thanks again

bozo

Harrita

I have a new 21FBS also, are these by-pass switches located under the back left side of the unit? I located two switches there in addition to the fresh water drain located underneath behind the steps. Thanks.

Harry

bozo

Harrita, I just found this out myself. The three valves (switches) that you have located are all three low point drains. The two under the back left side are COLD WATER and HOT WATER drains this is the lowest point of the water lines. When you open these most of the water will drian out of the lines. You will also hear it sucking out the water in the water heater. The valve under the step is the low point drain for your fresh water tank. For the by-pass Valves you have to take the wood panel off the cabinet under the T.V. do it with the slide out so you can reach it better. Look in behind the converter you will see the back of the water heater and the water lines that feed it. There are three valves 1 for cold 1 for hot and 1 in the center by-pass. To go to by-pass mode turn off the cold and hot and open the middle valve now you are in by-pass mode. If you are winterizing dont forget to drain the hot water heater and dont forget to run pink stuff thru the water pump and the outside shower they will freeze . If you take the wood panel off inside under the stove (you do not have to remove the heater vent the hose is long and you can easily move the panel and vent to the side) you will see the pump. You will also see a valve with a short hose on it this can be used once you have the hot water heater in by-pass mode to pump the pink stuff thru the lines. Hope this helps Happy Camping!!!!!!!!!!

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Bozo, since you answered your own question I moved this thread out of Ask The Factory into the General Discussions area.

Peace
Dave

bozo

Thanks cookie I was trying to help Harrita since we have the same rig I was trying to save them some time. We are in the North GA mountians and got a major snow storm going on tonight we have about a inch on the ground and you would think by the news that it was five feet deep. LOL We just got in tonight from a weekend camping trip we love the cold. Happy Camping!!!!!!