3400 First Trip Out.

caokgafamily

We just finished our first weekend trip with our new 3400.We had a Cardinal 312bh 2005 before the 3400. It seemed to me the 3400 towed smoother than the Cardinal. Over all I'm pretty pleased with everything on the 3400. No major problems! I like the outlet for lights that you could put on your awning, I think maybe they could relocate it lower and put it right next to the lower extension leg.You need a ladder to plug into it now.I like the LCD tv but its a pain as far as setup also the dvd/reciever needs a mode for all speaker stereo. We are pretty happy with our purchase.:eek:

jbeletti

caokgafamily,

I have read here from other users that they reach that awning lights outlet through the bedroom window. I can only assume this was the thought by the engineers. Seems to me that being able to use your steps with an outlet above and next to the door would have been a better choice.

Jim

jbeletti

For prospective Bighorn owners,

I just checked and current production Bighorns have the patio/awning lights outlet moved to the door area for easier reach.

Here's a picture from the current Bighorn Construction Book:

//heartlandowners.org/images/awning_lights_outlet.bmp

jbeletti

Ken and Jane,

Great idea with the dimmer. I just may have to add an exterior outlet and dimmer to my Landmark. In my 2005 model, I have no exterior AC outlet on the door side. I do have one in the storage and UDC compartments.

Jim

trdeal

Past North Carolina Chapter Leader
Jim Beletti said:
Ken and Jane,

Great idea with the dimmer. I just may have to add an exterior outlet and dimmer to my Landmark. In my 2005 model, I have no exterior AC outlet on the door side. I do have one in the storage and UDC compartments.

Jim
Jim, if you do this post a picture.I am in the same boat as you with no outside outlets.

dieselengineer

Charter Member
Hey Jim, I saw that comment about "thought by the engineers". :)

I have the outlet in the front and yes, you can access it via the window. A better Idea would be to place one at the front and one outlet at the back. One high and one low

timk

Congrats, on your first trip. We've had our 3400 a little over a year now and still pretty happy with it, nothing big has fallen off, never been back to the dealer.
TimK