Duratain Protective Sealant

adcruise

What is Heartlands view of using a product like Duratain on the exterior, underbelly and interior as a sealant? Has anyone had Duratain applied to their coach? My dealer is really pushing it, next best thing to amour plating.

branson4020

Icantre Member
What a load of CR*P you are getting from your dealer. Save your money. I'll bet for what he is asking for that overpriced treatment you can pay to have to have your new rig waxed a couple times a year for as long as you'll own it. And "sealing" the coroplast underbelly is just a hoot.

GOTTOYS

No way! Another HUGELY overpriced product to generate extra profit for the dealer. What can it possibly help to put a polymer sealant on the underbelly. If you were to watch them apply this "Miracle Coating" (bet they won't let you) it takes them about 15 minutes to spray it on. We sold "interior fabric protection". It was a spray can of Scotchguard that some kid sprayed on the seats. $99.95, thank you very much. Saw similar junk at all the car dealerships I worked at. Sure the water beads up on it, just like it does on a waxed surface. Run, don't walk from this waste of money. I might even consider another dealer that's how much of a rip off I think this is....Don

sgtbigb

Do not do it, There is other places to spend your money and get a better ROI. ( return on investment)

sailorand

Past British Columbia Chapter Leader
only my opinion.... the dealer pushes smoething for big profit. $10 product, minimum wage to apply for 1 hr. and charge $500 for the option.
I wax my rig once a year and that way I get to inspect the whole rig myself and fix anything I suspect needs attention

Wade

Hi all,
I am with Duratain and would like to clear up a few things,
1 we do not spray the Coropalst under belly unless asked to, we are spraying exposed metals, and seams.
2 Duratain is not a wax, it is a protective coating and our package includes 4 different products with an underwritten warranty
3 Duratain is NOT applied by the dealer our technitions handle the install and we welcome the customer to watch and learn about our product
4 Yes the dealer makes money on our program, that is how it works in a free market it is the consumer's job to negociate with the seller.
5 I agree many dealers represent "Bad Products" that are a waste of money but please don't bulk Duratain into this feild.
Wade,

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Wade, just what are you putting on the coaches or what does it consist of. Waxes...sealers? I have worked in auto industry for 47 years. I bet I have seen all the products that are sold and the warrenty's that go with them. So far I have never seen any that work as they say they do. As far as the warrenty....most won't pay as they say they will. They always find a way to weasle out of it or blame the consumer and wont pay.

SO...what proof do you have to stand behind your claim?? There are not any miracle elixers out there that stop the sun from fading paint or fiberglass. Nothing that stops fabric materials from fading or wearing out. IMHO, nothing lasts forever and man can't stop it from happening. The only way to stop something from deterorating is put it in a hermetically sealed time capsule.

Last edited:

GOTTOYS

I'm sorry Wade...I too have been in the auto industry. IMHO there is no such thing as a miracle product that does everything that is claimed. A dealership that I worked at for several years was located very close to a large company that made products similar to yours. We had several opportunities to test those products before they were sold on the open market. Yes, they worked but they weren't miracles nor were they touted as such. The prices they were, and are, sold at were fair and instead of pouring it into a spray gun and using a trained technician (former Subway employee) to apply it they are available in bulk, cans, bottles and aerosol cans. Most are available on the retail market and I am sure perform as well or better than any similar products on the market. You may have heard of them...their name is 3M. They don't go up through the pyramid before they are sold to the consumer. Good luck with your product line, I wish you success. I can only hope that you revolutionize the RV and automotive industry. My guess is you won't be around in 5 years. Sorry if I've insulted you. JMHO...Don

GOTTOYS

Oh ..and Wade, as the President of the Company. You really should learn if you are really using "trained technitions" it's spelled.... technicians..... and field is not spelled feild. A little Perfeshnalizm woln't hert....Don

adcruise

Appreciate everyone's comments. We said "no thanks" to the dealer for the obvious reasons, but was curious if anyone had used the product. Perhaps Wade would be interested in proving the value of his product? It appears we both live in Washington, so I'd be open to having him apply it to my Bighorn and then post my review and comments here for others to entertain. If it's a good product I'll be happy to tell everyone... what do you think Wade, can we prove Duratain it a hit or a miss?

sschuler

I know this thread is old but we purchased an RV in 2007 and had the outside treatment done and I have never waxed my RV since. Only washed about every couple months with Turtle wax car wash... I am trying to get in touch wioth duratain again to have it done but they are not great about getting back to people.

S

GOTTOYS

I know this thread is old but we purchased an RV in 2007 and had the outside treatment done and I have never waxed my RV since. Only washed about every couple months with Turtle wax car wash... I am trying to get in touch wioth duratain again to have it done but they are not great about getting back to people.

S
My guess is Wade, as predicted, didn't make the cut. Get a bottle of Rejex and do it yourself for under $20.00. You will get the same results..Don

Dieselmd

S

Actually Duaratain is still in business, and I am surprised you have found it difficult to get in touch with them. I too had it installed in 2010 on my HR Scepter, and am completely satisfied. Due to recently a installed, and failed chip-seal on a Idaho freeway, the rear end of our coach was severly damages, and had to be completely striped down, primed, and repainted to fix the damage. One call to Duratain, and the arrangements were made. When the time came, they resealed the paint, and without question! Please be mindful, the damage on my coach was not the result of a failure of the Duratain product.

I may not have 40+ years has a car mechanic, but I do have 25+ years in the marine industry as an operator, and been directly involved with paint systems, applicatons, and sealants. I have been approached by about every snake oil salesman out there, and have conducted fairly detailed reviewes of various "Miracle" products" from paints, sealants, oil, grease, and fuel additives, and offer these these experiance, and end user, both in private and commercial applications.
1) Chemistry has changed dramatically in the past 46years, especially in the past 10 years.
2) Duratain was not offered to me, a consumer, as a miracle sealant.
3) There are now, and always be snake oil, and effective products on the market. Being an Engineer, I drill down several layers deep to gather the information I need to be satisfied of the decision I make.
4) After drilling the Owner of Duratain, Wade on the phone for approximately 4-5 hrs, during 3 different phone calls, I then applied the Duratain product to our product. I am 110% satisfied with the product, and service.
5) I would, and will apply the Duratain product to a new coach without hesitation!
6) Most importantly: do your research, become an informed consumer, and make the decision you feel is in your best interest. If you do, you are a consumer that is not likely to be conned by a gimic.
7) And finally, There will be typos, an spelling errors in the above post. This does not make my post any less important, than the posts that may call our my errors :)

GOTTOYS

Interested how this very first post comes from someone with such a glowing review that just happens to be from the State of Washington..the same location as the office of Duratain...Could this really be Wade, posting under another name??? How would someone else know this subject was on this site? I stand by my opinion. It's still snake oil. Buy a bottle Rejex, Simoniz Ice or Nu Finish or one of countless other Polymer paint treatments now on the market and do the same thing for under $20.00...Wade, why don't you give this a rest and peddle your goods somewhere else?..Don

Lynn1130

Boy, tough crowd. LOL

You might also notice that Wade and the two glowing reviews all came from first time posters. Isn't that interesting.

Rejex in my books. I use it on all my vehicles including the RV. I love the stuff.

Dieselmd

Boy, tough crowd. LOL

You might also notice that Wade and the two glowing reviews all came from first time posters. Isn't that interesting.

Rejex in my books. I use it on all my vehicles including the RV. I love the stuff.

Tough crowd it is. I stumbled accross this by accident while doing searches on Google. Saw the post by another person who actually has used the product, so also chimed in. No conspiracy as GOTTOYS wants you to believe :)

Dieselmd

Interested how this very first post comes from someone with such a glowing review that just happens to be from the State of Washington..the same location as the office of Duratain...Could this really be Wade, posting under another name??? How would someone else know this subject was on this site? I stand by my opinion. It's still snake oil. Buy a bottle Rejex, Simoniz Ice or Nu Finish or one of countless other Polymer paint treatments now on the market and do the same thing for under $20.00...Wade, why don't you give this a rest and peddle your goods somewhere else?..Don

Using your theory of posting, I must assume you are peddling Rejex? Perhaps, and this is just a theory, again, I am posting from Washington because Duratain is available in my area, which is where I purchased my coach? Just as might shop at Win Dixie if I was back in Jacksonville, or Smiths in Arizona, Hy Vee in Iowa, or Red Apple stores in Washington.
Using a product is knowing a product, and how one personally believes it works for them. Everyones experiance varies. I have never used, or heard of Rejex for that matter, so my internet search that led me here was succesful. They say you get what you pay for, and a majority of the time that is true. However, before I make a derogatory statement regarding the quality of Rejex, I want to try it out. Then at least, I can make an educated assessment.

Honestly, just an opinion from a customer, I don't pedel Duratain, not a conspiracy theory, and I'm not Wade, although I have spoken with him.

jimtoo

At this point everyone will sit back, take a deep breath and relax. Everyone is entitled to their opinion about a product.

My next step,,, delete.

Jim M

wdk450

Hi all,
I am with Duratain and would like to clear up a few things,
1 we do not spray the Coropalst under belly unless asked to, we are spraying exposed metals, and seams.
2 Duratain is not a wax, it is a protective coating and our package includes 4 different products with an underwritten warranty
3 Duratain is NOT applied by the dealer our technitions handle the install and we welcome the customer to watch and learn about our product
4 Yes the dealer makes money on our program, that is how it works in a free market it is the consumer's job to negociate with the seller.
5 I agree many dealers represent "Bad Products" that are a waste of money but please don't bulk Duratain into this feild.
Wade,

Wade:
I'm sure that the Chapter Leaders would be happy to have you make a presentation at one of our rallies, under the right circumstances. We are kind of in the in-between season where next rear's rallies are just being scheduled and announced, but they (and their e-mail threads) are always on the top right of the Portal page.
Do you have owner testimonials on your website?