Slideout Slicker Question

floridarandy

I understand the purpose but am having a bit of a puzzle in working with the slickers on my 2900mk. Which edge fits into the slide side....the squared end labled threshold or the rounded edge?

I assume the end slides under the carpet flap attached to the slide? There's a black leading "wedge" the slides in when the slide is closed. THe slicker would seem to go beneath this wedge as it comes in. In the out position the black wedge is essentially flush with the floor. As the slide comes in the wedge is lifted as it comes in. Attempts to start the slicker early in the closing seems to push the slicker in with the slide instead of the slide riding on top of the slicker. Once the slide is in I can slider the slicker all the way back to the edge of the coach since the slide is elevated at this point.

So, not totally sure what i'm doing. Suggestions?

Thanks

Randy in Florida

trdeal

Past North Carolina Chapter Leader
We have the slide out slickers.Our 2005 could be different from your 2009, but when the slideout starts to move in it raises up.When it raises up we put the square end under the slide.Sometimes we have to hold the slicker in place with our foot until the slide starts up over it,but then the slicker will stay in place just fine.

SJH

Past Washington Chapter Leaders
I'm sorry...but I guess that's why I read the forum...What is a Slide Slicker?

Terry H

Past Texas North Chapter Leader/Moderator
Staff member
Here is another photo

slicker-product%20only-thumb.jpg

gpshemi

Too pricey for me. I bought a office chair mat at Sams and cut it into strips that fit my unique floorplan.

SJH

Past Washington Chapter Leaders
Hey...learn something everyday! Geez, I think I would need four or five just for one slide. I haven't looked but I am sure there must be at least 4 rollers on each one!

Thanks!

ChopperBill

Lowes has a department that has plexi-glass/lexon. They always have some scraps. They had one just the right length and even cut it to width for me. Cost was about $4. I tried them but the slide kept pushing them away. Gave up but I may try waiting for the slide to tip up and try them again.

gpshemi

The chair mats have nubs on the back to keep them in place. Cut them to any shape you want. Get a bunch from one chair pad.