To those considering a Heartland Bighorn

Last month Lynn & I purchased our second Bighorn. We traded in our 2006 3400RL for our new 2011 3670RL. While camping in Illinois, a couple walking by who had just purchased SOB showed interest in our 3670RL, so we gave them a tour. By the end of the tour she told her husband “I want one.”
The upgrades Heartland has done have been amazing. Many of the changes are items which owners have discussed as possible improvements on the Owners Forum over the years. They do listen to their customers!
We placed our order just before the announcement of the Thor buyout, so we had some concerns about our new 3670RL. Our concerns were put to rest when a forum friend contacted Coley Brady with our comments. Coley and his team did a fantastic job building the rig of our dreams. Their attention to detail is nothing short of exceptional! We feel very comfortable knowing we can still deal with “REAL” people when contacting Heartland.
Our salesman, Jeremy, from Wagner’s Trailer Sales in Cleveland WI was in northern Indiana and made a special side trip to Heartland. He participated in the inspection of our 3670RL when it came off the production line in late September.
Dealing with young men like Jeremy and Coley gives us confidence knowing some of the next generation still understands the true meaning of customer service.
We have had so many positive comments from family and friends. Our youngest daughter said it best when she saw our Bighorn the day we took delivery: “This is not a camper, this is a home!”

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Bob and Lynn, I agree on all the improvements made over the years. Heartland is listening to the people.
Things I noticed are.......
Better organization of wires and plumbing in the basement....no more rats nest.
Better interior lighting.
A finish strip of wood behind the slide fascia where visible. No more gasket showing.
Better TV.
More room between the bed and closet.
Better mattress.
Thicker nap on carpet.
Better flushing toilet.
Laminated floor and roof.
Hydraulic landing gear.
Key less entry.
Welcome home light.
A ceiling fan that actually moves air.
A light switch next to the front storage door under the bedroom. No more reaching up to the ceiling.
These are just some of the improvements from our 2008 model.
Can't wait to see your new rig. Is it in storage now?

Peace
Dave

RollingHome

Lynn, Dave, THANK YOU BOTH :)... Ya really have to be picky and look for the bad stuff on a HL 3670RL Even then it's hard to spot. We love ours !

Dave
We took it to Wagner's on Saturday for winter storage. Our back yard looks soooo empty now. Couple more years and the back yard will still look empty, but we will be joining the other snowbirds down south for the winter in our 3670RL.

ChopperBill

A few of the thing that simply amaze me that we knew of but did not give much in our consideration to purchase our new one. The floors are as solid of the Rock of Gibraltar. Slam baggage doors are much better than the others. Hydraulic landing, how could I live without it now? Inset halogen lights, its nice to get rid of those old fashion "trailer lights". OK, one thing I we don't like (there always has to be something) is those cheesey molded slide out fascia borders. My brothers a great wood worker and I may have him fix that.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
While we all have our preferred floorplans, there's nothing like a 3670 layout to knock the socks off the uninitiated. The kitchen gets 'em every time.

trdeal

Past North Carolina Chapter Leader
It is really nice to read a positive post on the forum.So much of the time all we hear is what is wrong with our units.Thanks Lynn and Bob for sharing your feelings with us and thanks also to Heartland for listening.

K

karykatz

Lynn and Bob,

Thank you from everyone at Heartland for all the positive feedback. Welcome to the Heartland RV Family.

ALF

Former Georgia Chapter Leaders
Congrats Bob and Lynn!
Good luck with your new Home. Good to hear that you were able to get it out at least one time before having to put it away in storage. Paul now wants to visit the factory to look at a new one too...but he can keep dreaming since ours is only a year old. We need to get together and open a bottle of wine to discuss this! As soon as the doctor releases Paul to drive again.
Sue

query2

I am considering the Heartland Big Horn, but a friend of mine bought a 2009 38 ft fifth wheel big horn and had numerous leaks in the plumbing. I have visited other forums and have seen several others that had simular problems with the plumbing plus front jack problems. Has any of this been resolved in the newer models or is it still a provlem?

In our 2007 3400RL we had one small leak near the water heater that the dealer (Wagner's) fixed. In Our new 3670RL we have had no leaks. We stretch our camping season from early April to the beginning of November with water in the lines. We know we are pushing the limit of freezing the water lines living here in Wisconsin. I also use the rig as my "MAN CAVE" as Lynn calls it when it is parked in our backyard. As for the front landing gear it is a fantastic improvement from what we had in our old rig. Self adjusting and FAST. It's so fast I will raise the front end up just to get stuff in and out of the front storage area.

jimtoo

I am considering the Heartland Big Horn, but a friend of mine bought a 2009 38 ft fifth wheel big horn and had numerous leaks in the plumbing. I have visited other forums and have seen several others that had simular problems with the plumbing plus front jack problems. Has any of this been resolved in the newer models or is it still a provlem?

Hi query2,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and hopefully to the family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

It seems as thou almost all manufactures of RV's have some problems, water leaks probably the most common. Most of the leaks are just small repairs, tighten a fitting or clamp. And you always hear of the leaking ones, but you never hear about the hundreds that don't leak.

Enjoy the forum and ask your questions.

Jim M

codycarver

Founding Wyoming Chapter Leader-retired
We bought ours in Aug. no leaks, no other problems either and the hydraulic front landing gear OMG it is so fast if your not careful you will lift the back end of your truck off the ground. My wife was unhooking the trailer while I was in the truck and she yells to me it wont unhook. I got out, pointed to the tires 4" off the ground and said you think this could have something do with it. Lowered, released, no damage done, lesson learned.

ALF

Former Georgia Chapter Leaders
We have a 2010 BigHorn 3385RL that took delivery on in March. We have had no problems with leaks. The only problem we have had is that the nut backed off of one of the shocks...this was easily fixed by me. Most issues are due to lack of dealer prep prior to delivery. Our dealer kept our rig, running all systems for a week, before they would deliver it. One other way to keep from having issues is following the maintenance schedule as outlined in the Heartland owners manual. Heartland does a great job considering all the equipment that is on their rigs. Try putting wheels on your house and see how many issues you have with that. Looking forward to our next Heartland rig as soon as we are able.

caissiel

Here November for the 2nd year and so far no leaks or freeze up.
was 23F the other night and getting colder.

KL7j

I bought a 2011 Bighorn in August.

I had a leak appear in the basement storage behind the utility hookup panel after 2 days of travel. It was a loose connection and not adequately tighten in the factory installation.

I also had a left front hydraulic jack leak two weeks later.

No roof or shower leaks after a trip up the Alaska Highway.

hogan

Past Mississippi Chapter Leader (Founding)
Your comments about your new Big Horn echo our thoughts on our new 3670. Yes, a few little anomolies, but overall what a joy!