2009 mk2900 bedroom tv question

floridarandy

for 2009 the bedroom tv "cabinet" appears to accomodate a "box" tv. given flat tv architecture can i:

1. can i assume that the bottom shelf of 20-21" wide is able to support a flat screen tv wihout regard to the top rail? the rail appears to limit the vertical dimension to 15" instead of 19".

2. if top vertical rail can be ignored then i can cut the horizontal top rail off and be left with a space formed by the bottom shelf of aboutn 20-21" wide by 17.5 tall (on left by closet) to 19" tall to left

obviously i want to use a flat screen in bedroom.

are there "nailers" on the back wall for a tv bracket and, if not, can the left side vertical wall support a bracket if the top horizontal member is cut?

thanks,

randy in floirda

Here's some feedback on what I did. Although I have a 2011 3200FK, I had a similar challenge. The opening on my TV shelf is 21W X20H. I bought a 22 inch Vizio LED, and it fits in the opening. The problem I had was that there is no tilt adjustment with the attachable TV stand. The plane of the TV screen was pointed up to the ceiling instead of down to the head of the bed. In a previous post Heartland indicated there is no backer to attach a wall mount. Also, the bottom of the shelf is sort of flimsy.

This is what I did. I got a Planet 3 articulating wall mount from Walmart. I screwed two .75 x 6 inch poplar boards together, stained to matched the cabinets, and fastened each end to the .75 x .75 supports on the back sides of the cabinet. The wall mount bracket is attached to the center of the two poplar boards. The wall mount is attached to the TV and it slides into the bracket when camping. Although the mount is solid and can bear more weight than is needed, I slide the TV out and lay it on the bed in transit. With the vertical placement of the bracket, the bottom of the TV is positioned just above the bottom of the opening and the TV can be tilted down for the optimal viewing angle.

Attachments

• 2011 Sundance 3200FK Bedroom.jpg
    2011 Sundance 3200FK Bedroom.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 38

grizzlygiant

I would not cut out the top rail. It is part of the "shear panel" that supports the right corner of the shelf. "Ask the Factory" re: nailers. My guess is that there are none.

D

Dave Willis

I'm not sure what you mean about the verticle rail on the TV shelf. We do not have any backers in the walls for a swing arm TV mount.

Thanks,

floridarandy

Here's some feedback on what I did. Although I have a 2011 3200FK, I had a similar challenge. The opening on my TV shelf is 21W X20H. I bought a 22 inch Vizio LED, and it fits in the opening. The problem I had was that there is no tilt adjustment with the attachable TV stand. The plane of the TV screen was pointed up to the ceiling instead of down to the head of the bed. In a previous post Heartland indicated there is no backer to attach a wall mount. Also, the bottom of the shelf is sort of flimsy.

This is what I did. I got a Planet 3 articulating wall mount from Walmart. I screwed two .75 x 6 inch poplar boards together, stained to matched the cabinets, and fastened each end to the .75 x .75 supports on the back sides of the cabinet. The wall mount bracket is attached to the center of the two poplar boards. The wall mount is attached to the TV and it slides into the bracket when camping. Although the mount is solid and can bear more weight than is needed, I slide the TV out and lay it on the bed in transit. With the vertical placement of the bracket, the bottom of the TV is positioned just above the bottom of the opening and the TV can be tilted down for the optimal viewing angle.

Do you have a picture of the boards installed as you suggest....even with the mount would help....can't visualize what you describe.

Thanks

floridarandy

I'm not sure what you mean about the verticle rail on the TV shelf. We do not have any backers in the walls for a swing arm TV mount.

Thanks,

Dave - thanks for your note. the rail i referred to was the "horizontal" rail that joins the right hand wall of the tv "box" and the left hand wall that is flush with the closet.

Let me try this another way. Since there are no nailers in the back wall, is their sufficient strength in the right or left hand walls of the box to attach an articulating arm? This would support the TV so that the flat screen would be just outside of the opening in the tv box.

Randy

D

Dave Willis

Since we don't have backers in the wall for a swing arm TV mount, we don't recommend installing one. I would check with your local dealer to see if they know of a good way to secure the TV. I've heard of many people securing the TV base to the base of the TV shelf and that seemed to work for them.

Thanks,.

Do you have a picture of the boards installed as you suggest....even with the mount would help....can't visualize what you describe.

Thanks

I keep the TT stored remotely. I plan to stop by it in a few days, and I will take some photos and post them. The photo I attached was one I found on the Internet to illustrate what my TV cabinet looks like. I did consult my dealer and got some general feedback. I don't know if your cabinet bottom is like mine, but I wouldn't use it as a base for a mount.

TRAVELER07

Founding New Mexico Chapter Leader
Hello floridarandy,We have a sundance 3300SK with a bedroom TV cabinet,I installed a flatscreen TV to the cabinet,by installing a lift up plywood cabinet door to the bedroom TV cabinet using the top cross brace of the TV cabinet to mount the door hinges,then mount the flatscreen to the door;Then I can use the inside TV cabinet for storage TRAVELER07

Thanks

Here are some photos...

The first photo is the TV attached to the non-adjustable stand that came with the TV. The TV sits low in the cabinet and points to the cabinets over the head of the bed. Not an optimal viewing angle.

The second photo is the backboard I made and installed for the TV mount bracket. I used two lengths of poplar which I screwed together on the back side. The ends of the right side are flush. The ends of the left side are offset so that the front board overlaps the vertical support on the TV cabinet to which the backboard is attached. The right side is attached through the side of the TV cabinet wall and into the vertical support on the left side of the adjacent cabinet. The rear board of the backboard is flush with the wall.

The third and fourth photos are close-up views of the left and right side attachment.

The fifth photo is a close-up of the TV mount bracket.

The sixth photo is the TV with the TV mount attached.

The seventh photo is the TV mounted. The TV points to the head of the bed for the optimal viewing angle.

The eighth photo is a close-up of the TV mount attached to the bracket. It attaches by dropping the bottom of the mount onto the bracket.

Hope this helps.

Attachments

• 8.JPG
    8.JPG
    519.5 KB · Views: 20
  • 7.JPG
    7.JPG
    432.3 KB · Views: 21
  • 6.JPG
    6.JPG
    547.6 KB · Views: 22
  • 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    437.4 KB · Views: 21
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    600.8 KB · Views: 21
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    558.4 KB · Views: 23
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    551.6 KB · Views: 23
  • 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    469.5 KB · Views: 23

floridarandy

Here are some photos...

The first photo is the TV attached to the non-adjustable stand that came with the TV. The TV sits low in the cabinet and points to the cabinets over the head of the bed. Not an optimal viewing angle.

The second photo is the backboard I made and installed for the TV mount bracket. I used two lengths of poplar which I screwed together on the back side. The ends of the right side are flush. The ends of the left side are offset so that the front board overlaps the vertical support on the TV cabinet to which the backboard is attached. The right side is attached through the side of the TV cabinet wall and into the vertical support on the left side of the adjacent cabinet. The rear board of the backboard is flush with the wall.

The third and fourth photos are close-up views of the left and right side attachment.

The fifth photo is a close-up of the TV mount bracket.

The sixth photo is the TV with the TV mount attached.

The seventh photo is the TV mounted. The TV points to the head of the bed for the optimal viewing angle.

The eighth photo is a close-up of the TV mount attached to the bracket. It attaches by dropping the bottom of the mount onto the bracket.

Hope this helps.

WOW - the pics make the explanation perfectly clear. Nice job and many thanks for taking the time to post the pics.

Regards,

Randy and Karen