Best Satellite Provider

Granny5eh

So far, what company seems to be the best when it comes to Satellite for RVs? What kind of prices are you paying?

Crumgater

DirecTV!

We've been with DirecTV since 1997 and have loved everything about it.

We pay through the nose for all the extras, though, so that's probably not a good guage to go by. We have 4 DVR's now: 3 for the house and one for the RV (it comes inside during off-season).

We do travel (tailgate) with a full size 3LNB oval dish (the only way to get HDTV signals). Dave is an expert at getting it setup and talking to the satelites in just a few minutes. DirecTV has never had a problem with our mobile unit. I think I've seen now where they advertise their mobility as an option (apparently Dish tries to discourage it??).

We've also had great experiences with their customer service. Always nice, knowlegable and quick to fix any problems. Even when lightning took out our dish - we were back online in less than 72 hours (new parts were sent express).

SmokeyBare

It's a toss up as to which provides the best service... doubt anyone feels their customer service is any good when your experiencing a problem. If you are using a tri-pod mounted dish, the more LNB's on that dish makes that dish a little more difficult to aim. Each LNB is used to receive the signal from different satellites.

If you are planning on an Automatic Dish, be it a roof top mounted dish or one that is meant to be portable, you will have far less effort setting up the dish.

I would suggest you stop and visit others in a Campground who have their Dish TV working. Ask them to show you how they set up theirs.

Prices can be around $40.00 to over $100.00 a month. Depending on the package you will choose.

Good luck with your research.

Marv

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
We also have DirecTv both in the house and in the rig. We have 5 receivers, 2 HD & 1 standard in the trailer and 1 HD, 1 DVR in the house. What's wrong with this picture - more receivers in the coach than in the house. Yes, it's expensive paying for all the movie channels, HD packet, DVR package and all the receivers but we love it. The folks at the service center has been great helping as we travel the country making sure we have all the satellite pickup. Right now we only have a 3 LNB in the coach but our neighbors next door are getting ready to move and said we can have their 5 LNB dish -YEA.

Willym

If the OP wants Canadian TV, then there is only one choice if you travel in the US - Shaw Direct. Bell do not support service outside Canada. We've had good service from Shaw when down south for the winter.

Treeban

Caliber Senior Owner
We use Dish Network & are very satisfied. We bought the "VuQube" automatic antenna & are very happy with the ease of locating the satellite(s) & locking in, etc. I spent way too much frustrating time trying to locate & lock on to the satellites with an ordinary dish & tripod. Now the wife is happy that she doesn't have to listen to me cuss. Another thing about Dish Network, they are very responsive to our calls to change our "service address" so that we can receive the local channels wherever we are camping. Ordinarily, it you travel outside of your home area, you lose the local programming. It's nice to have CBS, NBC, ABC, & the other local channels to check on the weather forecast, etc. Dish Network charges us an addition $5 or so for the "extra" receiver in the RV.