Not open for further replies.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired

Picture3.png
Rally in the Smokies

Venue: TN Chapter Rally - Big Meadow Family Campground
  • 8215 Cedar Creek Rd
  • Townsend, TN 37882
  • Barbara Johnson 1-888-497-0625 (toll free)
  • www.bigmeadowcampground.com
  • Pets ok?: Yes
  • Pet Fee: $$0
  • WiFi available: Yes
  • WiFi Fee: $0
Details: Dates: 8/5/2011 to: 8/7/2011
  • Number of sites held: 15
  • Site fee: $$40 - $50 (regular to super sites) per night.
  • Club Member Event fee: $0; Non Heartland Club Owner member: $20 - fee is waived if joining the HL Owners Club at the rally. This fee is to be paid to the Event Leaders (Nathan & Byrd).
  • Potluck: Yes
  • Potluck date: 8/6/2011
  • Potluck time: 6:30 pm
  • Event Leader: Nathan & Byrd Mathis Nabo(click to contact)
Additional Info:

Come to the beautiful Mountains of East Tennessee
and join in Tennessee's First Heartland Chapter Rally.
Spend a day driving thru the Great Smoky Mountain National Park,
tubing down the Little Pigeon River,
shopping in Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg area
or spend the day socializing with other Heartland owners.

When you make your reservation, please state that you are with the Tennessee Heartland Rally group. Sites will be held till July 15th. Please respond to this post with your campsite number after registering.

RVS For Less will be bringing demo coaches Friday and Saturday.

Event Schedule (not set in stone)
Friday, 1:00 pm - Golf outing - Cost $30 including cart [$25 seniors] (everyone who would like to play, please send a private message (pm) to Nathan so that we can get enough tee times)
7:00 pm - Meet and Greet Social

Appetizers & drinks will be provided (BYOB)
Saturday
9:30 am - Cades Cove Tour
2-3 hours bus tour of the valley. See post #76 to see how to reserve your seat.
Afternoon - free time

6:30 pm - Potluck Dinner The BBQ meat is being sponsored by RVS For Less
Potatoe salad and a couple of Pecan Pies provided by Big Meadows Family CG.

Bring a side dish or dessert. Remember the dish should be large enough to feed at least 6
people. Paper plates and utensils will be provided. Bring your own drinks.
Don't forget about the Door Prizes!!!!

Sunday, 9:00 am - Sunday Services provide by Chihowee Area Ministries

Attendees with site numbers

Byrd & Nathan Mathis #15 (HO# 1298)
Eric & Dorothy VanOpstal #16 (HO# 1202)
Eric & Hallie Grubaugh #17 (HO# 1438)
Terry & Renee Deal #18 (HO# 1305)
Reg & Nancy Hromek #19 (HO# 1651)
Dick & Reta Hills #20 (HO# 1068)
Ken & Pat McGraw #21 (HO# 1477)
Tom & Millie Combs #22 (HO# 1820)
Ed & Barbara Rauch #23 (HO# 1709)
Marv & Karen Osborne #24 (HO# 1037)
Lance & Kem Duguay #25 (HO# 1850)

Lee & Linda McClure #26 (HO# 1084)
Bobby & Linda Eanes #27 (HO# 1153)
Jim & Harriett Dahlgren #28 (HO# 1062)
Jim & Nancy Beletti #30 (HO# 1001)

Last edited:

trdeal

Past North Carolina Chapter Leader
Congratulations you guys. Renee and I will try our best to be there.

Nabo

We would love to have ya'll if your schedule will let ya:).

Nabo

YEA!! Glad to have ya. :):)
Larry - what can I say - if ya going to do it, jump in with both feet.

superduty08

Tennessee Chapter Leaders
We will plan on being there. We stay in the area at least once a year. Never pulled the BH but always talk about it. Love driving Cades Cove and hiking area trails. Great choice!

jbeletti

Well, I decided it would be poor form to miss the first rally of what will be my new home state :) We're coming to the TN rally. Arriving Thursday and leaving Monday (4 nights). We're on site #30.

See y'all there!

Jim

Nabo

Bobby and Linda - we would love to have ya'll join us. Bring your bikes as well cuz Townsend has some great bike trail that are paved.
Jim - glad you could clear your calendar to come join us. Oh excitement is ...!!!
B--

Nabo

Hum - think the event coordinator should make their reservation. We are in #15 coming in Thursday til Sunday.

trdeal

Past North Carolina Chapter Leader
Ok, coming in on Friday and leaving on Sunday.Site #18.If we can work out an extra day we will come in on Thursday.

jjwink

As new Heartland owners we are looking forward to meeting everyone and attending the first TN rally next summer. It is so good of you to have it on my 70th birthday - August 7. We are wintering in AZ so will be in contact via email and internet. We will make our reservations tomorrow for Townsend.

hillsonwheels

You folks are killin' me!!!!!!!!! Just when I think I've got our routing figured out for the summer.........another desireable RALLY shows on the board. It's good thing we know how to "williwicker" and even "rewilliwicker"! Gonna do our best to be there with our friends. Will update ya'll when we getter' did!

Dick

Nabo

Dick - If ya hurry up and don't "williwicker" around or for that matter "re-williwicker", ya can get the site beside us (we're in #15). Hopefully the WV crowd can make it.
jjwick - what can I say but GREAT PLANNING. Oh by the way - Happy early Birthday. Just let me know what site you will be on. Glad to have ya.

Jim & Harriet

this was a pleasant surprise - thought that August we would not have a rally on the
calendar! This is about 4ish hours for us (from Roanoke, VA) and we hope to be there!

Nabo

Jim and Harriet (& Max) - come on down. If you haven't been to Townsend, it's a fun little community with lots of bike paths and hiking area. And of course, the National Park is just down the road. We would love to have ya'll. Just let us know when you register and what site you are on.

Nabo

Please keep checking post #1 for any updates. As of today, I have started putting names of ones who I know have already registered. If you have registered and, somehow, I have overlooked it, please let me know.

jjwink

We made our reservations for the rally today. Plan to arrive Aug 4 and leave Aug 8. I think we are in site #16. Look forward to meeting everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.