Olevia tv replacement

lew2885

The Olevia tv in our 2009 BC 3250TS has a black rectangle in the center of the screen after it gets warmed up. Sometimes the rectangle has words in it (they don't make sense, though), and we're anticipating replacing this unit. Since it's mounted on a "swinging door" frame, are we limited as to what brand/model would fit this hanging mount? Has anyone else had this problem? Olevia went out of business shortly after we purchesed our unit. Go figure.

SmokeyBare

I replaced my Olevia TV with a Toshiba 32 inch. I attached the Toshiba to the existing swing out metal frame with. I needed to drill a couple holes to match the mounting holes on the new TV. I also used a longer screw on the top holes so I could then use spacers between the TV and the mounting plate. This gave it a slight pitch forward, only a minor pitch, but it helped aim the TV screen more toward our viewing angle. I would have liked to recess the TV more into the upper cabinet but it would have taken quite a bit more work resetting the hinge of the swing frame.

Nice feature on the Toshiba is the on screen signal meter. With each channel selected (over the air channels) there is a small bar graph showing the signal strength. There is also a much larger signal strength meter in the Set Up program as well. This feature helps a bunch when were parked in a fringe area, getting a weak Digital Broadcast Signal.

Good Luck !

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
We just replaced our Olevia TV which had a dark area on the screen on the right side. We replaced ours with a Sony 32 inch. It mounted to the same swing out bracket. The only thing I had to do was remount the swing arm to a lower location on the wall. We found the Sony TV at Wal-Mart for $398.00. The Sony TV fit in the existing cut out. The swing are bracket mounted to the rear of the TV without modification to it. The TV has a beautiful picture. http://www.walmart.com/ip/Sony/13422986

slmayor

Founding California Northern Chapter Leader
Although our Olevia RV is still fine, the 32" Vizio at Walmart for $298 this weekend is making us think about changing it out. The Olevia website was still up a little while ago, and we had some good luck fixing a couple issues by downloading the software update for the TV.

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
We had the same Olevia and swing-out bracket on our '08...check this thread with pics of when we replaced ours, using a flat wall bracket attached to the swing-out bracket. This allowed us to use any TV we wanted....
//heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/6727-Replacing-Olevia-TV-Question?highlight