Adding diamond plate to front of trailer 21FBS

jnv

We are new to the forum and we hope we are posting this in the correct place. We have a 2009 NT 21FBS TT. We love the trailer but have had some problems. When we got back from our Florida trip in April, we noticed the front bottom all the way across behind the gas tanks had caved in. Our trailer did not come with the diamond plate. We consulted with Heartland and they said there was not any recall on this problem and we were out of warrranty. We were informed there is a plate available for our model trailer and we could install it ourselves. Has anyone done this and how did it work out?

Thanks, JNV

irvin56

There is some posting about this issue on www.northtrailtalk.com . It's another owners forum for North trail trailers only.
Can check it out there.
my 09= 31QBS is also that way. dealer looked at it yrs ago and nothing could be done with it at that time. Was no recall on all of them. Some models where recalled and corrected by Heartland, but my model was okay. I understand it was from where they attached at the bottom of frame and the flexing of the fiberglass cap.
I can put a plate on myself but I don't want any extra holes in front cap (more changes to leak). but to each there own. I like the looks though.

Just make sure all lights and bottom edge of cap are chaulked properly. As there has been reports of leaks in them from attachment not chaulked right.

westxsrt10

Perfict Senior Member
We are new to the forum and we hope we are posting this in the correct place. We have a 2009 NT 21FBS TT. We love the trailer but have had some problems. When we got back from our Florida trip in April, we noticed the front bottom all the way across behind the gas tanks had caved in. Our trailer did not come with the diamond plate. We consulted with Heartland and they said there was not any recall on this problem and we were out of warrranty. We were informed there is a plate available for our model trailer and we could install it ourselves. Has anyone done this and how did it work out?

Thanks, JNV
Sorry for your problems but......This thread is worthless without pictures, please post up some photos. Thanks

WD-40 keeps the Diamond looking new.

Last edited:

jnv

Thanks Irvin for the web site infor. I was worried about additional holes myself and possible leaking. I guess I'm too much of a perfectionist. Although the part is not expensive, I am also leaning toward not installing it. Jerry & Jaci

jnv

Sorry for your problems but......This thread is worthless without pictures, please post up some photos. Thanks

Hi westxsrt10, We are not very computer "savvy" and were proud of ourselves that we started a thread! When we learn more we will try to post pictures in the future. Thanks for your input. Jerry & Jaci

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
Here is our 08 North Trail after the diamond plate was installed.

2rxablt.jpg

The only issue we have is that the diamond plate has dulled rather quickly. I am going to buff it out in the spring. Other than that, no issues.

Jamie

jnv

Hi Jamie, Thanks for the infor and picture. Your trailer looks great. Did you install the diamond plate or did your dealer? If you did, how hard was it? Thanks, Jerry & Jaci