Towing

btdt

What are MPG owners using to tow the MPG? Do not have a vehicle yet that I can use to tow, but I am thinking about the new Toyota 4runner. I need something that can handle tight spaces because of how my driveway is configured. Any thoughts?

jimtoo

Hi btdt,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and hopefully to the family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

I'm sure you will get some opinions and help soon.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

brains77396

2010 Nissan Frontier with 4.0 V-6, auto, 261 HP. Getting over 20 single, 13.5 towing. Get the added value package and the tow equipment is included. Towed on a 2,000 trip with no problems but just added a sway bar to help with the little twitch when getting passed.

What are MPG owners using to tow the MPG? Do not have a vehicle yet that I can use to tow, but I am thinking about the new Toyota 4runner. I need something that can handle tight spaces because of how my driveway is configured. Any thoughts?

bigTdrop

I would think a 4runner get get the job done nicely. These TT's are very light. Even fully loaded (but without water), I'm well under 3600lbs with our 181. I'm towing with an old GMC Sierra (91'). So far, so good...it handles the load with ease. I know what you mean about tight storage issues. Our's is so tight I can't quite back it in all the way. No worries, however...it's so light I can push it the rest of the way into it's spot by myself.

looking

We (my husband) pulls our 181 with our 2007 Honda Pilot 2wd. Pulls great even if I get it a little off balance between the Pilot and the MPG when we repack after a craft show and I'm really tired.