Need Info and input on 1700 Magellan

jpajax

Hi- Wife notified me that the 1700 Magellan gps was on sell on QVC for $169.00. Do you have any experience with this unit.

lwmcguir

Re: Need Info.and input on 1700 Magellan

We have had good luck with ours. A few bobbles but most of the time it is right on. Real good navigation where there are major intersections.

jpajax

Well got the unit in and running. Took first trip to town and it worked just like it said it would. Went on line to see about the av input that has the capability of running dvd and back up camper. According to some you can with the right input wire
and it works really well guess what is going on Santa's list and it's not a dvd player.

bill40

We have used a Magellan Roadmate 6000T for the past four years, can't say how it preforms compared to the unit you are looking at but as a unit the Magellan has been excellent. We have not updated it yet but have not found we have needed to. I feel it holds it own against other brands , just love when she tells you to make a legal U turn.

jpajax

Well I had a few issues with some of the points of interest and things that are viewed as on right were are on left but the worsts was when a coustomer services person in a foreign country hung up on me. So called back and insisted to talk to superviser after tell them the problem the question was ask how much did you pay for you gps after tell them she ask can you return it. I ask why she said that they would send me one with all the new updates and a free update at a savings of $79.00. Well I guess it pays to complain. Sense then when I have a problem and give them my costumer ID # they have been very helpful and courteous. Sent the old one back and all is well and that 7" screen really nice.

buckeyebob

i happened to find one in the basement with the other not well hidden gifts.i hinted at this unit mainly because of the 7 inch screen,cuz i aint gettin any younger!hope this is a good unit,it will be our first,and i could lose my sanity reading all the info on all the units,comparing prices etc.this unit was 149.00 at bestbuy.

buckeyebob

ok,now that i have this 1700 magelllan where do i mount it?the windshield is awkward when reaching up to touch screen.ins.manual isnt real user friendly,still havent figured all the prompts out. buckeyebob

lwmcguir

ok,now that i have this 1700 magelllan where do i mount it?the windshield is awkward when reaching up to touch screen.ins.manual isnt real user friendly,still havent figured all the prompts out. buckeyebob

Have ours on the console, it isnt the most user friendly but it dont take long to get the feel for the menus

jpajax

It would help to know what kind of truck you have. I have a Dodge and made my own bracket.