Heater Vent Registers

noobee

I need to replace the plastic vent registers in our unit. I don't want flimsy plastic ones as they will probably break again. The only thing that I've seen at Lowes, Home Depot, etc are brown, metal, 2x10 units that have the 'wheel' to open/close the air flow. I don't like these for a couple of areas as they become 'toe stubbers'.

Any idea where I can get decent replacements that meet my criteria?

Thanks CS

RoadJunkie

I got mine at the one of the locations you identified in your post, however I was able to find a perfect 4x10 replacement. I believe they had brown and white, but they are easy to spray paint any color you wish. Mine have the semi-wheel to regulate flow, but it does not protrude beyond the surface to a point where it is a toe-stubbing hazard. When I took my vent into the store--as I was looking for a replacement--the clerk immediately identified it as a mobile home vent. You may want to reference as such on your next visit.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I replaced all of our vents with the 4x10 steel adjustable types. Haven't had a problem stubbing my toes.

HappyKayakers

I replaced mine a few years ago cuz I didn't like the flimsy plastic ones either. I got the ones with the thumbwheel and open/close vane. I just found a problem 2 days ago cuz the bottom of the ductwork for the kitchen register had bowed up. So I couldn't open the register. I took the register out but couldn't get the bottom of the ductwork to stay down. Fortunately, I kept one of the old plastic ones and just swapped it out.

TedS

Our 2011 Bighorn has metal non-adjustable vents. You should be able to get them from Heartland.

caissiel

I put a plastic register in the Library (Toilet room) with a damper to cut the amount of air going to that small room. Its white and looks great next to the white toilet. I chose plastic because it will be much easier to wash when dirty and collect less dirt then metal. Payed $3.95 at the local building supplies store. I was at my dealer last friday and they had a plastic floor register in brown for $16.99. well it pays to shop around.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
None of the OEM registers in our rig were plastic. By replacing them with adjustable vane types, we were able to warm the rear of the coach without using the bedroom for an oven. In the 3670 throne room, the register is between the toilet and shower stall. Without the adjustability, one cheek got toasted when the furnace kicked on. And the register ducts they use are about as flimsy as they can be.

caokgafamily

I replaced all 4 of mine in my 07 3400RL with tan metal ones that you can close off. I found them at Lowes for $5.98 each. I had to drill the holes and countersink for the screw.
Steve

lwmcguir

Menard's carry a real nice copper metal replacement with the closure below the top. Look great and work great.