3070 sofabed?

SKnight

Got a question for current owners, specifically the 3070RL. I'm considering one of these units and the wife is concerned about where our kids will sleep. We opened up the sofa bed on a lot unit nearby but it looks awful short. Can anyone tell me how big the inflated size actually is, maybe a few photos if you have them?

Thanks.

Gizzy

Re: 3070 soafbed?

I don't have the actual measurements but our 15 yr old grandson (who is about 5'10) has plenty of room. We also figure there is plenty of room for an air mattress on the floor if needed since it is such an open floor plan. We did not want the optional island counter because we really like the open space. Unless you have really big kids, there should be plenty of room. We love our 3070.

SKnight

I don't have the actual measurements but our 15 yr old grandson (who is about 5'10) has plenty of room. We also figure there is plenty of room for an air mattress on the floor if needed since it is such an open floor plan. We did not want the optional island counter because we really like the open space. Unless you have really big kids, there should be plenty of room. We love our 3070.
So far I love it too. Honestly I can't wait until spring, but wait I shall.

Our son is 6' even, I'm 6'3" and fit fine enough when I test laid on it. The problem is our 16 YO daughter and 14 YO son aren't terribly happy about this so far, but they haven't seen it in person either. Other than that there's no problems with the better half!

Is it actually the footprint of a queen size? And what fills the hole in at the wall?

SKnight

If they don't like I would buy a tent.

LOL

Very practical advice. ROFL

Heh heh heh, they fight like, well like a teenage brother and sister 21 months apart. Currently we have a drop down couch and a dinette that converts to a bed and the fight that ensues over who's sleeping where can become epic at times.

Two trips ago I carried a tent along with a couple of sleeping bags. I slipped out just before dark and set all three on the outside table. Time for them to go into bed mode I opened the door, waved my hand outside and told them to get their beds ready.

The looks on their faces were almost as priceless as the relative silence we've had over the matter since. Even the current question of them sharing a bed, even as big as this looks, has been made in a civil manner.

Last edited:

SKnight

Well I found a couple of videos including one on the Heartland site. They really should make the videos more obvious, I just stumbled across it. Anyhow it looks like it'll be just fine, thanks for the help!

ALF

Former Georgia Chapter Leaders
We have the same bed in a 3385 and this past summer we invited my brother in law along with us. He was able to sleep comfortably on the bed (along with his wife) and he is about 6'4", 400 and some lbs.

Moose

Well I found a couple of videos including one on the Heartland site. They really should make the videos more obvious, I just stumbled across it. Anyhow it looks like it'll be just fine, thanks for the help!

Thanks for pointing out they had a video. I learned something by watching it.

SKnight

We have the same bed in a 3385 and this past summer we invited my brother in law along with us. He was able to sleep comfortably on the bed (along with his wife) and he is about 6'4", 400 and some lbs.
Now that's the testimonial I needed! Guess what I'll be showing the wife later!

SKnight

Thanks for pointing out they had a video. I learned something by watching it.
They actually have a good many videos that are pretty revealing. Like I said the way they're hidden tells me they're missing a lot of views.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member

I am not making light of anything here, but I just went to the Heartland web site and the first thing I saw was "Featured Media, Videos".
Not hidden at all.

Peace
Dave

SKnight

There's only three videos there, I was referring to the actual Bighorn page. There's nine covering the Bighorn itself, if you notice the link 2/3 covered by the "Download brochure" link.