pin hole in rim

ann1951

On our trip to Vancouver we got a flat tire as it turned out it was a pin hole in the rim.

Just recently switch from Canadian AMA to Good Sam for road service so it was time to find out if Good Sam was really that good.

Service was outstanding! After the person replaced the flat with the spare he checked all the other tires and topped them up looked to find the leak and found that the rim had a Small pinhole.

He told Ann (I was gone) to check if we still had any warranty on the rims we figured not because we bought this 08 BH used, so I asked Jim first and after that I e-mailed Tredit Tire&Wheel co to find out that they insured for it.

The same day we got the paper work e-mailed to us and within a week we had a brand new rim ups'ed to us, we did not even have to send the old rim back.

So it does pay to check the supplies (as per Jim) not me.

So glad to switch to Good Sam, glad to talk to Jim first, and glad to be a Heartland owner :)

jolar3329

On my last trailer, some other brand, I had a pin hole leak and found out that the wheel was warrantied for life if I could show a manufacturing defect. They replaced the wheel at no cost to me. You should call Heartland.

jimtoo

On my last trailer, some other brand, I had a pin hole leak and found out that the wheel was warrantied for life if I could show a manufacturing defect. They replaced the wheel at no cost to me. You should call Heartland.

Why should they call Heartland??? They called the supplier and the rim was replaced no-charge.

Jim M

jbeletti

Joe and Ann,

What a great outcome. Thank you for sharing and I hope that your story serves to inspire others to "make the call" to our suppliers after the Heartland 1-year warranty is over. Ya just never know.

Travel safe,

Jim

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Joe and Ann,

What a great outcome. Thank you for sharing and I hope that your story serves to inspire others to "make the call" to our suppliers after the Heartland 1-year warranty is over. Ya just never know.

Travel safe,

Jim

We have had several issues occur with stuff in our RV which were taken care of by the supplier since the Heartland warranty had expired. Things such as awning, microwave, converter. So like Jim B says it pays to talk to the supplier. You might be surprised how long the warranty is on some things.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
A little off topic, but when our home coffee maker when kaput a few weeks past warranty, an e-mail to the manufacturer got us a new one shipped no charge. Just keep the six-shooters holstered until you see what they say.

westxsrt10

Perfict Senior Member
If you are on the road and need a quick for a pin hole wheel leak this works 99% of the time. Take a hammer and center punch both sides near the leak. I don't think this method will fix a coffee maker!