BC 3500 RL and hydraulic bike lift

We are planning to purchase our unit in January...SO EXCITED!! We were looking at Road Warrior and Cyclone, as we have a Harley. But doing our due diligence, we did several walkthrus at our dealer's and decided it just isn't enough 'living' room for full-timing. We love the BC 3500RL (we toyed with BH 3670RL for a while, but keep coming back to the large bathroom!!) I spoke with a company rep on Facebook who suggested posting this question here in the forum.

Is anyone out there using a bike-lift? How does it affect the structure of the unit? We were told it would void our warranty, but so will full-timing, and we trust that Heartland is the very best out there today, so we're confident.

We just bought our truck! '08 F-450 SuperDuty Dually!! YAY! Now we just need our 'house!' Thanks!

jimtoo

Hi ConnieCozart,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

I'm sure you will get lots of opinions with that question. So be prepaired for all the pros and cons.

I know I have seen a little trailer that attaches to both sides of the unit and the wheels swivel so it becomes part of the 5er almost. I feel sure someone will give us some information about that also.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

B

bwwalczak

FYI - very important on Big Country warranty. Full-Timing in a Big Country DOES NOT void the factory warranty. This is a new thing for Big Country this year.

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
The bike lift will void your frame warranty from Lippert. Sorry, that's just how it is.

SJH

Past Washington Chapter Leaders
HERE they are! I guess they are not hydraulic but I have seen some that have an electric lift rather than ramps.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Great Truck. Congratulations on your up and coming new purchase. Just my opinion though, I would never consider putting that much weight on the rear of any trailer. Be it a 5th wheel or travel trailer. It will certainly mess up the geometry of the weight on the axles and pin. Assume your bike weighs 700# plus the mechanics of the lift probably another 250# for 1000# total. The weight on the axles would increase by nearly 2000# and the pin weight decrease by 1000#. Just not a good idea. If I had to bring I bike it would be on a trailer behind the rig or in a toy hauler. Sorry to be blunt but this is just plain unsafe.