Winterizing the MPG 181 - can't locate the flex hose to pull in antifreeze

looking

Hi,

We started working on winterizing out 181 this weekend. We've found the waterheated and everything we need to do there, but we haven't been able to locate the flex hose with the connector that is used to pull in the antifreeze.

Can you tell me where this hose should be located?

Let me know if you need my VIN #.

Thanks,
Karen LaFon

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Karen, look for your water pump. It will be in a compartment or cabinet attached to the floor. On the pump intake hose you should find another hose connected with a "T". You may have to close one valve and open another to allow the pump to draw from the anti freeze bottle. OR You might have a single valve that directs or changes the flow from the tank line to the anti freeze line.

looking

This might be a stupid question, but where should the water pump located? Should I be able to see it from the inside of the unit under the boards one of the seats or under the bed? I didn't see it Saturday when we were looking.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
This might be a stupid question, but where should the water pump located? Should I be able to see it from the inside of the unit under the boards one of the seats or under the bed? I didn't see it Saturday when we were looking.
Karen, On the outside of your trailer where your city water connection is. The water pump should be just inside near that point, close to the wall.

OR
There should be a control panel to turn on your pump and hot water heater and check the level of your holding tanks. Turn the pump switch on and you should be able to hear the pump and determine it's location.

sjcoffey

There is a small panel right inside the door held with four screws. Remove the panel, the intake hose and valve is right inside this cavity.

jimtoo

There is a small panel right inside the door held with four screws. Remove the panel, the intake hose and valve is right inside this cavity.

Hi sjcoffey,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge like you have done. So if you have question don't hesitate to ask for help. The Heartland family is great.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

looking

Thanks to everyone for your help. This is our first TT and it's been a learning experience. I thought we'd check everywhere there was a panel, but sounds like we missed one.

Love my MPG and love the owner's forum.