Mounting TV in Bedroom of 405RW

I just bought a 2010 405RW and want to mount a TV in the Bedroom? I have a swivel arm for the TV, is there backing in the wall to mount it? Are there any studs strong enough to hold a swivel and TV?

Mike Aplin

Welcome to the Road Warrior family!!! Yes, there is a mounting area for a TV in your unit. If you need specific measurements, please contact customer service at 877-262-8032 and they can provide for you those dimensions. Take care, Mike

jimtoo

Hi DellFlyBoy,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

I'm sure you will enjoy your new unit and like almost all, you will be making a few changes. Our members are here to help if possible.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

HI Mike,

Thanks for the reply to my post on the TV in the Bed Room, I called the number and left a message, I hope they will get back to me in the next day or so.

Hi Jimtoo,

Thanks for the welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum, I bought the Road Warrior in July and just now registering with the Owners Forum. I will probably join the Owners Club in a few days. I have not used my RV much yet, but taking off in a couple of days for a weekend at the Ocean. I will keep in touch with the forum, it looks like it has some good information on the various RV's. I noticed that you are driving a 2004 GMC 3500 Dually with a Max Brake, I have a 2003 Chevrolet 3500 Dually but no Max Brake, does the Max Brake really help in stopping?

Take Care,
John

Mike Aplin

You can also follow us on Facebook. Facebook for Road Warrior and Cyclone is a great place to post your pictures of your past or current road trips as well as keep in touch with other current Heartland owners. Have fun out there and be safe, Mike.

Hi Mike,

I just got through to Customer Service at Heartland and talked to a Service Tech who said that in the 405RW Toy Hauler, you can mount a TV in the Bed Room from the top of the window to the ceiling the full with of the window to a wood backing that they put in with a screws no longer than 1 inch. I just want to share this information and to say Thank you for the information to Customer Service.

John

Mike Aplin

You are very welcome. This is why we have the online forum so that we can help assist you to the best of our abilities. Our owners are the best group of people that you will find anywhere and they are always willing to help assist one another. Take care, Mike

Vtxkid

Hi Mike,

I just got through to Customer Service at Heartland and talked to a Service Tech who said that in the 405RW Toy Hauler, you can mount a TV in the Bed Room from the top of the window to the ceiling the full with of the window to a wood backing that they put in with a screws no longer than 1 inch. I just want to share this information and to say Thank you for the information to Customer Service.

John

So, based on DellFlyboy's conversation with Heartland, I'm thinking that the Cyclone 3010 would have the same "wood backing" in the same location... Good to know as I am also going to install a LCD mounting bracket in that area.

I mounted my swivel TV mount in the bedroom, so far everything is fine. I did notice during the mounting process, that the wood for mounting a TV is a bit thin and I do not know how long the TV swivel and TV will hold up. I am going to modify the mounting by removing the swivel and add a 3/4" piece of plywood and mount that on the wall with screws and liquid nails, then mount the swivel. I believe that this will be more secure than the 3 screws to the thin wood on the wall.

Good Luck if any one else mounts a TV with a swivel. I would like to hear from those who do mount a TV in the Bedroom.

John